+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to find out how to make canada immigration accountable for their negligence to those of us who.have been waiting much too long for any answers

whitely

Jul 4, 2018
There seems to be nowhere for us to to go to get any answers from this so called public service...we are at the mercy of these decision makers and I for one am tired of it and I want to hold cic accountable to the public they serve ....is there anyone here know how we can do this ...right now I'm looking for options as to what I can do ..

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
There seems to be nowhere for us to to go to get any answers from this so called public service...we are at the mercy of these decision makers and I for one am tired of it and I want to hold cic accountable to the public they serve ....is there anyone here know how we can do this ...right now I'm looking for options as to what I can do ..
You may want to speak with a lawyer if you are thinking about filing a civil suit. Have all your documents that prove the incompetence with you, particularly the letter/checklist you got when they returned your sponsorship application which you said only missed the postal code.

Has the misrepresentation case against your husband been resolved? Are you sure he is not inadmissible? These are some things you may want to fix too while you launch your complaint.

My husband applied for a visitors visa to go to his step sons wedding and he received a misrepresentation letter saying that they weren't satisfied that he wasn't honest about being denied a visa to the states and that he was never charged with a crime. We sent a response immediately explaining the misrepresentation. What is the typical wait time for a response. We live in Jamaica and requested a 3 week visit for him. He does have 1 charge on his record in the u s in 2011. He was deported in 2012 back to Jamaica. In the reponse email we explained the when where and why of the situation. We are not sure what to expect. Time is of the essence as my son is getting married in august..Any suggestions would be appreciated

whitely

Jul 4, 2018
It was returned after 8 months saying that it was missing info on 5406..the missing info was po boxes for his 2 sons and an email for his elderly mother who doesn't use email ....this is something that could have been solved with a simple email ..so because of this we have to start to wait time all over again ...im mentally exhausted with these people ...there is no accountability and im tired of it ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It was returned after 8 months saying that it was missing info on 5406..the missing info was po boxes for his 2 sons and an email for his elderly mother who doesn't use email ....this is something that could have been solved with a simple email ..so because of this we have to start to wait time all over again ...im mentally exhausted with these people ...there is no accountability and im tired of it ...
That sucks - sorry for your experience.

I would recommend that you speak with the lawyer who pays for this forum (contact info in top left hand corner of each page). I'm pretty sure he has experience in this area.

Past lawsuits that I'm aware of have resulted in fees being refunded but nothing in the area of punitive damages. So you may want to consider that before moving forward with any legal action. The time and expense may not be worth it. Anyway, speak to a lawyer experience in this area. You can also try looking up past similar lawsuits to see the results.

Good luck with your application.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Very sorry to hear that. I know when I did my application I filled everything, my wife thought I was nuts I checked it so many times.

Reactions: mashulia_26

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Very sorry to hear that. I know when I did my application I filled everything, my wife thought I was nuts I checked it so many times.
IMO - that's the best way to do it. I think when it's your own application you put in an especially high level of care to make sure no fields are left blank / no information is missing.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Even I questioned myself. I mean I looked at every single box, every signature every box that didnt need filled I wrote NA snd I did this many times before submitted. Its very easy to make a mistake.

Reactions: mashulia_26

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Even I questioned myself. I mean I looked at every single box, every signature every box that didnt need filled I wrote NA snd I did this many times before submitted. Its very easy to make a mistake.
I think you can relax a little. It's a very long process. Good to check many times before you send in the application. But once it's with them, there are only a few steps that you need to take action. So try not to get too stressed out specially at the beginning.
(saw you joined in Dec 28 and already posted 180 replies! take it easy!!)