+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to deffer to January Intake? What shoul i do?

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
Hello,
This week i missed my University intake for Fall 2017.
I was admitted to Concordia University in Montreal.
I've been waitng for my Study Pemit since 5th of August 2016.
Processing time in my country "Lebanon" was 4 weeks, then it changed to 5 and then to 6 and now 7 weeks,
and still i didn't receive any news yet.
So my question here is simply what should i do?
Do i need a new CAQ?
Do i need a new Admission letter from my university?
And should i apply for a new Visa, or i should wait for the current one to finish?
I don'5 know if i can even use the study permit if i deffer to a new semester.
Thanks!

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
Mikra said:
Hello,
This week i missed my University intake for Fall 2017.
I was admitted to Concordia University in Montreal.
I've been waitng for my Study Pemit since 5th of August 2016.
Processing time in my country "Lebanon" was 4 weeks, then it changed to 5 and then to 6 and now 7 weeks,
and still i didn't receive any news yet.
So my question here is simply what should i do?
Do i need a new CAQ?
Do i need a new Admission letter from my university?
And should i apply for a new Visa, or i should wait for the current one to finish?
I don'5 know if i can even use the study permit if i deffer to a new semester.
Thanks!
Just defer your term for the Jan 2017 intake. There's no need of new CAQ as the caq-studies website itself mentions that you do not need to apply for new CAQ if you are deferring your term from September intake to Jan intake. And yes you'll need a new offer letter and new tution fees receipt. Just e-mail Concordia requesting for the term deferral and they'll ask you to fill out a deferral request form and a fee of $25. Once you get your new offer letter e-mail the Concordia ISO requesting for a new fees receipt.

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
vishlion said:
Just defer your term for the Jan 2017 intake. There's no need of new CAQ as the caq-studies website itself mentions that you do not need to apply for new CAQ if you are deferring your term from September intake to Jan intake. And yes you'll need a new offer letter and new tution fees receipt. Just e-mail Concordia requesting for the term deferral and they'll ask you to fill out a deferral request form and a fee of $25. Once you get your new offer letter e-mail the Concordia ISO requesting for a new fees receipt.
Hi,
Should i apply for a new study permit too ?

Thanks!

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Mikra said:
Hi,
Should i apply for a new study permit too ?

Thanks!
Nope. Let your application be

Just focus on getting your admission deferred.

Once you have the new offer letter (which is challenge in itself because they take so freakin long), submit a case specific enquiry informing CIC