+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to ask you guys who got paper OWP recently

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
When you guys got the paper OWP recently through Sponsorships, it says do not do upfront exam. Without medical exam, are there any conditions that cannot work at daycare or health services field occupations?

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
When you guys got the paper OWP recently through Sponsorships, it says do not do upfront exam. Without medical exam, are there any conditions that cannot work at daycare or health services field occupations?
Hi.

I received my OWP in early September. I did not take medical exams,

This is the restrictions I have

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I think you have to specify when you fill out your form that you want to work in the health area or in daycares. Then they will send you to do the medical exam or they will validate if you have already presented them.

When I filled out my form I said that I did not plan to work in health or daycares.

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I think you have to specify when you fill out your form that you want to work in the health area or in daycares. Then they will send you to do the medical exam or they will validate if you have already presented them.

When I filled out my form I said that I did not plan to work in health or daycares.
Well, before I called IRCC, the agent said sponsorship does not allow to upfront medical exam. And I said I have a nurse license in canada. So I want to work at medical field then she said she cannot help anything.

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Well, before I called IRCC, the agent said sponsorship does not allow to upfront medical exam. And I said I have a nurse license in canada. So I want to work at medical field then she said she cannot help anything.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=844&top=4

I saw this too for the first time and I'm concerned as my wife wants to work in the healthcare field when she gets her OWP. Now there's apparently another long, arduous wait in order for her to do so after she even gets the general OWP delivered to her.