+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i want first sponsor outland spouse and then how long should i wait until i can sponsor another outland child?

useruseru

Feb 12, 2022
edited: i myself is PR and in Ontario.
for example, i sponsor my wife outland on JAN 1, 2022. And on JAN 1, 2023, she got PR and arrived at Canada.
Q1 -- during this 1-year application period, a child was born, how to sponsor this child?
Q2 -- on JAN 1, 2024, my spouse goes to her home country and another child is born there (i.e., born OUTLAND). can I sponsor this child immediately or after a waiting period?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
for example, i sponsor my wife outland on JAN 1, 2022. And on JAN 1, 2023, she got PR and arrived at Canada.
Q1 -- during this 1-year application period, a child was born, how to sponsor this child?
Q2 -- on JAN 1, 2024, my spouse goes to her home country and another child is born there (i.e., born OUTLAND). can I sponsor this child immediately or after a waiting period?
I'm assuming you are a PR rather than a citizen.

You can sponsor the child immediately after the child is born. Assuming you are a PR, you must be living in Canada to sponsor the child.

The forms are here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add, if the child is born before your spouse becomes a PR, then you would add the child to your spouse's application.

Again, I'm assuming you are a PR and not a citizen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are many things you need to consider. Is your spouse continuing to meet their RO. To qualify for healthcare they must meet certain residency requirements that are dependent on the province even if they have a valid health card. If they don’t meet the requirements and use health care they can be asked to repay any services they use. Coming in and out of Canada can cause problems for healthcare coverage. If your spouse is pregnant or postpartum there is usually need to use healthcare. Once your child has PR they also likely will need to use healthcare so they also need to meet the residency requirements. The young child also needs to meet the residency requirement to access healthcare. What province do you live in? Would consider giving birth in Canada. It would make life much easier. Would make meeting RO much easier for your spouse.

useruseru

Feb 12, 2022
There are many things you need to consider. Is your spouse continuing to meet their RO. To qualify for healthcare they must meet certain residency requirements that are dependent on the province even if they have a valid health card. If they don’t meet the requirements and use health care they can be asked to repay any services they use. Coming in and out of Canada can cause problems for healthcare coverage. If your spouse is pregnant or postpartum there is usually need to use healthcare. Once your child has PR they also likely will need to use healthcare so they also need to meet the residency requirements. The young child also needs to meet the residency requirement to access healthcare. What province do you live in? Would consider giving birth in Canada. It would make life much easier. Would make meeting RO much easier for your spouse.
you make a lot of sense considering the health care.
i am in ontario.
but my child has to be born outland or the child will lose his original nationality (a very ridiculous policy in my home country). even if we have to pay for the hospital's bill when the child is born outland by ourselves.
my wife will do the best keep 2/5yrs RO.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you make a lot of sense considering the health care.
i am in ontario.
but my child has to be born outland or the child will lose his original nationality (a very ridiculous policy in my home country). even if we have to pay for the hospital's bill when the child is born outland by ourselves.
my wife will do the best keep 2/5yrs RO.
Your wife and children will have make sure they are meeting OHIP residency requirements and may need to reapply for OHIP. If gone for a certain amount of time they should notify OHIP. If children are going to accompany mother both mother and child will have to advise CRA of absences so they don’t receive benefits they aren’t entitled to and have to repay back down the line.