+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want contact details of any higher authority of MPNP to complain.

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem with submitting a new case from scratch is that it will take another 2 years of mine because it's not an online application. My case was in General stream. No one wants to waste another 2 years of his life if they already wasted 2 years before.

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ ALL

Kindly tell me what if I pay a visit to Winnipeg, Manitoba and interact with one of the officers regarding my case. It's written in their own kit that if the applicant comes at their office they can examine his/her language ability.

malisa

May 15, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP=Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
9-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
3-08-2012
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Jan18, 2013 (45 days)
Passport Req..
Ppr, 28 sept 2013. in process...23 aug 2013, decision made 28 sept, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2013. PR card..Jan 2014.
Manitoba123 said:
My question is still unanswered. Why haven't MPNP asked for my IELTS result during the process when they still asked for some documents in the middle of my case and I submitted them. They could've sent a letter to me regarding this but they simply refused my application. During my appeal they also stated that I can't submit any new documents. Why is there so much discrimination. However, MPNP do ask for missing documents during the case from other applicants.
Hi,

Your situation is a bit complicated, i would suggest that you ask with Qorax. He is a senior member and have great knowledge.

Regards

Manitoba_Hunk

Nov 8, 2012
Your IELTS document may not be the only case for refusal---
(1) MPNP may sometimes beleave many US graduates may eventually move back to USA after Canadian citizenship.
(2) This may be just a myth here that people from Philippines and Indian State of Punjab is in the MPNP priority list, and you dont belong to these countries.
(3) May be the quota already filled and you are in bad luck.

I would say try to migrate to Manitoba as student or worker, establish connection here and then apply for PR.
** Please note these are all my personal opinions, based on staying in MB.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
My answer will be the same.

When you sent your initial application, WAS IELTS a requirement or not?

If yes, it was a requirement. You have no right to say I am living in States and I have master&PhD from here.

Even they ask for native speakers, native born States citizens to take the exam. Rule is rule, you can't change it.

Even we live in Canada we did our masters here, work here... we have an IELTS Academic result which is more and more tougher than General IELTS, they don't accept it.

You could send an email on the Subject Line " Manager - MPNP "

Then the manager of the office will take care of it.
But if your refusal letter is from Manager of the office. Then meaning that there is not much you can do. You need to appeal, but this time to court.

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holygun said:
My answer will be the same.

When you sent your initial application, WAS IELTS a requirement or not?

If yes, it was a requirement. You have no right to say I am living in States and I have master&PhD from here.

Even they ask for native speakers, native born States citizens to take the exam. Rule is rule, you can't change it.

Even we live in Canada we did our masters here, work here... we have an IELTS Academic result which is more and more tougher than General IELTS, they don't accept it.

You could send an email on the Subject Line " Manager - MPNP "

Then the manager of the office will take care of it.
But if your refusal letter is from Manager of the office. Then meaning that there is not much you can do. You need to appeal, but this time to court.
Yes IELTS was a requirement but I don't had any idea that they will reject my application after 2 years and all of my hard work, time and money will be wasted just because of IELTS. I thought they will ask it from me if they had any sense in them. They should've rejected my application immediately because of missing documents and I would be happy to re-apply then. :-[

Btw now I've gone through IELTS exam (Academic) and got a overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 6 and it's not that much tough as you said ;D

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manitoba_Hunk said:
Your IELTS document may not be the only case for refusal---
(1) MPNP may sometimes beleave many US graduates may eventually move back to USA after Canadian citizenship.
(2) This may be just a myth here that people from Philippines and Indian State of Punjab is in the MPNP priority list, and you dont belong to these countries.
(3) May be the quota already filled and you are in bad luck.

I would say try to migrate to Manitoba as student or worker, establish connection here and then apply for PR.
** Please note these are all my personal opinions, based on staying in MB.

Thanks for the reply but I was in U.S 32 years ago and still have a non expiry green card. I'll probably stay in Canada if I'll get permanent residency.

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malisa said:
Hi,

Your situation is a bit complicated, i would suggest that you ask with Qorax. He is a senior member and have great knowledge.

Regards
Thanks but he's not replying to my queries.

engotko

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
07/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
27/08/2014
that's correct. I don't know why they refused your application. I also have the same concern at first, but I was told by my lawyer that since I graduated in the US, I am not required to take any IELTS. I don't how I can help you with your case but may be if you make an appeal again they might take it into consideration. By the way, I applied for Quebec I'm not sure if they have different policies.
Goodluck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Manitoba123 said:
@ ALL

Kindly tell me what if I pay a visit to Winnipeg, Manitoba and interact with one of the officers regarding my case. It's written in their own kit that if the applicant comes at their office they can examine his/her language ability.
Don't bother visiting Winnipeg. They won't let you speak with anyone in person.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Manitoba123 said:
Btw now I've gone through IELTS exam (Academic) and got a overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 6 and it's not that much tough as you said ;D
You're probably already aware of this, but if you end up applying to immigrate again, you'll nee to take General IELTS. Academic isn't accepted for immigration purposes.

uwoguy

Oct 19, 2012
Manitoba123 said:

Just my 5 cents. You said you got overall band score of 6.5 with 6 minimum. Are you kidding me? You didn't even get the minimum required for 'high proficiency'.
Check this: www . cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#results

Writing: 6.5 Band
Reading: 6.5 Band
Speaking: 6.5 Band
Listening: 7.5 Band

I understand that you took the 'Academic' test which is slightly harder than the General. Nevertheless, for a guy (quote) with "degree from U.S.A from a reputable university" your scores don't match your ambitions.