Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
When you got the (long delayed!) letter from CIC with instructions for the MICC Undertaking, didn't that list a UCI number for your husband? That was the first communication we received from CIC, and that's where I got my client ID number. The same number was listed for me on the paperwork for my approved visitor's extension, even though I didn't know my UCI yet when I submitted the application. The letter from CIC was address to my husband (sponsor), with his UCI listed at the top of it. It says his app to sponsor me was received, then gives instructions on submitting paperwork to MICC. Then, below that, it says:

Please provide for client XXXXXXXX (<--my UCI) - Mary Megan XXX:
> CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et
des Communautés culturelles. This must be received at this office by: 04/28/2013.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Unfortunately, the letter had the same UCI as the one that was provided to me, as a sponsor.

It was phrased differently than yours. It was addressed to me, and it said:
Please provide a Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et
des Communautés culturelles for the person(s) you are sponsoring. This must be received at this office by: 01/29/2013.

Thanks for trying, though! :)

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
QuebecOkie said:
... The same number was listed for me on the paperwork for my approved visitor's extension, even though I didn't know my UCI yet when I submitted the application.
Guess what??? You were right about the visitor's extension! I checked it out and it has my husband's UCI number! Thank you very much, you have been great help! ;D :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hooray! Glad I could help. It was a great relief to me to get my own UCI. Felt like things were more official after that.

Still, it's so weird that we're going through the same process, and yet even the FORM letters aren't consistent (your acknowledgement of receipt not having your husband's UCI, and my husband's AOR having my UCI).

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
QuebecOkie said:
Hooray! Glad I could help. It was a great relief to me to get my own UCI. Felt like things were more official after that.

Still, it's so weird that we're going through the same process, and yet even the FORM letters aren't consistent (your acknowledgement of receipt not having your husband's UCI, and my husband's AOR having my UCI).
Yup! I guess if you look up the word "inconsistency" in the dictionary, CIC will be part of the definition :p

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
... I was just thinking ... maybe they write a different letter when the sponsor is a woman, than for a man. :p ???

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
At least they're consistently inconsistent! ;)

Maybe they do? That would be strange! I'm just glad you two got your CSQ, that his UCI not being in the letter didn't mess anything up.

We screwed up a lot of stuff up along the way. As we read through all of the instructions, we got confused by the MICC portion for those living in Quebec. Originally sent stuff in back in August, but we misunderstood the process and sent in only my husband's sponsorship application. A woman from CIC actually CALLED ME on the phone! She agreed to hold that portion of our packet while we completed and sent in my PR application. My husband was down in ON for four and a half months (yep, little ol' no-french-having me, up here all alone!), so it took us a while to put together my application, skyping to compare notes, etc.

That's probably a big reason for my worry...we KNOW we're clueless. Sometimes I wish we'd just consulted with an immigration lawyer in the beginning.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
!

QuebecOkie said:
At least they're consistently inconsistent! ;)

Maybe they do? That would be strange! I'm just glad you two got your CSQ, that his UCI not being in the letter didn't mess anything up.

We screwed up a lot of stuff up along the way. As we read through all of the instructions, we got confused by the MICC portion for those living in Quebec. Originally sent stuff in back in August, but we misunderstood the process and sent in only my husband's sponsorship application. A woman from CIC actually CALLED ME on the phone! She agreed to hold that portion of our packet while we completed and sent in my PR application. My husband was down in ON for four and a half months (yep, little ol' no-french-having me, up here all alone!), so it took us a while to put together my application, skyping to compare notes, etc.

That's probably a big reason for my worry...we KNOW we're clueless. Sometimes I wish we'd just consulted with an immigration lawyer in the beginning.
Don't worry too much. Remember ... if you did not screw up, they will do it for ya, for free :p

I worked with papers all my career (40 years), that's all I did especially the last few years. Analyzing paperwork, and drawing designs out of them, then programming the whole thing. So... I know how to scrutinize documents. And yet, I was a nervous wreck, and ended up crying many times during the process.

I am glad you and I "met", though. I feel like I am finally able to make fun of it all. Humour will go a long way!

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
I was thinking about you alone in cold and very French Chicoutimi! Must have been tough!!!!! :(
Did you have family members around you to talk to?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I have no family in Canada, with the exception of my "Canadian family" (my in-laws, with whom I have a great relationship - brother-in-law in Montreal, and parents-in-law in Kingston). I have a few friends up here. It was definitely a trying time. Some days I didn't feel mentally strong enough to go get gas in my car. The stupidly easy can become impossible in mere seconds when you don't speak the language!

I got an actual lol out of "they'll do it for you for free"! ;D GOTTA laugh. Laugh or lose your mind. I got a rejection letter from a french language program for immigrants...tout en français! Had a good giggle with the husband over it, as I painstakingly read it out loud to him so he could translate for me. He's a terrible translator, too, as he learned french very young, in a french immersion program in Germany (military brat). He's never really translated before. He just thinks/speaks in whichever language is required, never extracting one from the other.

Glad to "meet" you, too!

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
I can totally relate with the way your husband works with languages, because I am a very poor translator as well. I guess I never thought about it, until you mentioned it, but it makes sense, that it is because we "think" in the language we are speaking at the moment.
When I moved to US, I just switched to English, even though I barely spoke any. I knew English, but never spoke it, since I did not need to. The switch was rather easy, because I like the English language.
Now I see my husband struggle with French and I realize it is harder the other way around. We have many rules that do not make sense, hey? Like a gender on things. La banane, le concombre. What's that all about? Haha!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
My favourite thing I've learned recently...

Le problème est toujour masculin, mais la solution est toujour féminin. Bahahahahahaha!

I'm finding french VERY difficult. I feel I'm learning to read it and write it at a decent pace. Slowly, but still making progress. Even speaking...I'm slowly making progress. But understanding spoken french? I feel I've learned almost NOTHING! You know the accents up here... "Je ne sais pas" becomes something like "chez pas." Some days I get pretty discouraged.

In addition to the husband being a poor translator, I've been told by franco friends that my english is much easier to understand than his, haha. It's because he is completely inexperienced in speaking english to francophones. He just switches to french. He never had to learn how to slow way now, enunciate very clearly, and swap out longer, more obscure words for simpler words whenever possible. I say "make" instead of "manufacture," "very happy" instead of "ecstatic," etc.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Le problème est toujour masculin, mais la solution est toujour féminin. Bahahahahahaha!

That's a good one!!!!!