+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I screwed up...(mistake in citizenship application)

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hello,
I sent my citizenship application last Sunday, I filled it in quickly and submitted it without properly reviewing. I made a mistake in my work timeline, I entered unemployed from Janruary 2017 to August 2018 when in fact I was employed from January 2017 to October 2017. This period was before my becoming a PPR and arriving to Canada in August 2018, so it should not be materially important, however I do want to rectify it as soon as I get my AOR number, especially since my PPR application includes the work experience of 2017...

I am however very troubled and concerned what the officer might think or what they might do to my application because 10 months screw up might not be seen as a whoopsie... The truth is I failed to take the application seriously enough and take my time in reviewing, I got too excited when the calculator told me I could already lodge my application that I filled it hastily...

My other bright idea is to request cancellation of my application, and then I can resubmit in a year when 2017 becomes irrelevant.
Am I overthinking this? I made a mistake and I will be the one notifying them, it does not materially change eligibility...

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hey guys, looks like it worked out. Writing this for anyone in a panic like I was searching this forum. I sent my amendments March 9 2022 after receiving the AOR and I received a test invitation today September 19 to do the citizenship test. So there was no harm done apparently...