+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I recently got married

jnnfrlynlcr

Jan 24, 2019
My son papers is currently processing for family sponsorship we started processing last sept 2019, apparently I went back home for christmas and my sons bday on April but my sons father and I got married on February and I got back to Canada last month do I need to urgently update my marital status? Will it affect my sons papers or can it be caused denial of my sons papers?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You need to inform them, you can do so by filing a webform. They will eventually ask for a marriage certificate. Telling them you got married will not result in a denial.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My son papers is currently processing for family sponsorship we started processing last sept 2019, apparently I went back home for christmas and my sons bday on April but my sons father and I got married on February and I got back to Canada last month do I need to urgently update my marital status? Will it affect my sons papers or can it be caused denial of my sons papers?
Are you a PR or citizen? How long were you outside Canada since you applied?

jnnfrlynlcr

Jan 24, 2019
You need to inform them, you can do so by filing a webform. They will eventually ask for a marriage certificate. Telling them you got married will not result in a denial.
How about delays? Can it cause delays on my son’s papers?

jnnfrlynlcr

Jan 24, 2019
That is the big issue. You needed to remain in Canada to sponsor anyone. Your sponsorship has a high chance of being denied.
I applied family sponsorship on September and I left Canada on December is that really possible reason for being denied because I tried calling the cic before I left the country an immigration officer said it would be fine.

Reactions: DiiDii

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied family sponsorship on September and I left Canada on December is that really possible reason for being denied because I tried calling the cic before I left the country an immigration officer said it would be fine.
Yes you had to remain in Canada. A short vacation of 2-3 weeks is usually tolerated.

Reactions: YVR123

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
You're fine as long as you can show intent to live in Canada... Such as a car, house, rental apartment etc. It's for your child. You'll only experience delays if you try to sponsor your husband before your child gets through. Either way delays are due to covid at the moment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You're fine as long as you can show intent to live in Canada... Such as a car, house, rental apartment etc. It's for your child. You'll only experience delays if you try to sponsor your husband before your child gets through. Either way delays are due to covid at the moment.
This isn’t true. PR sponsoring must be in Canada while they sponsor. If CIC finds out they will deny the sponsorship.