+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I NEED TO KNOW WHETHER MY JOB OFFER LETTER IS TRUE OR NOT.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I met my employer at destination Canada in France and was given a position to work at canadiana motor inn at Winnipeg Manitoba. The employer says it’s a group of “Choice hotels” I submitted my application for work permit in January which was refused. The reason given was that the offer does not look authentic. But on checking the documents I submitted, I discovered I submitted the offer letter without my employer’s signature which was an error from my end. Could it be that the offer is fake or it’s the letter without the employer’s signature that could be the problem. It is LMIA exempt. I was given the employer’s number which I used for my application. No money was also demanded from me by the employer. Your response is highly appreciated
It is fake. How is it LMIA exempt and there are no shortages in the hotel industry since most are laid off. What is your LMIA exemption number that ”your employer” would have had to apply for. Lucky you didn’t get a 5 year ban for submitting fake documents.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Jezs

Apr 9, 2021
It is fake. How is it LMIA exempt and there are no shortages in the hotel industry since most are laid off. What is your LMIA exemption number that ”your employer” would have had to apply for. Lucky you didn’t get a 5 year ban for submitting fake documents.
Hey Naturgrl, I think it’s best you take down this response of yours as it’s totally misleading. Are you aware that you have what is called LMIA exempt??? Your response clearly shows you’re not totally informed on how work permit goes. Kindly take down so as not to mislead others. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey Naturgrl, I think it’s best you take down this response of yours as it’s totally misleading. Are you aware that you have what is called LMIA exempt??? Your response clearly shows you’re not totally informed on how work permit goes. Kindly take down so as not to mislead others. Thank you
I don't think the response is misleading. Naturgrl is clearly aware based on the post of LMIA exempt jobs.

Naturgrl is specifically questioning LMIA exempt jobs for hotel workers.

Jezs

Apr 9, 2021
I don't think the response is misleading. Naturgrl is clearly aware based on the post of LMIA exempt jobs.

Naturgrl is specifically questioning LMIA exempt jobs for hotel workers.
So there are people that go through francophone mobility. Also some job offers in Quebec are LMIA exempt. That’s why I’m saying that answer looks misleading. I think the person should have asked further questions before getting into conclusion

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So there are people that go through francophone mobility. Also some job offers in Quebec are LMIA exempt. That’s why I’m saying that answer looks misleading. I think the person should have asked further questions before getting into conclusion
That's fair. We are talking about Choice Hotels here. That's a very well known scam.

https://www.stop419scams.com/viewtopic.php?t=9783

Naturgrl is clearly aware of the LMIA exempt stream based on her response. She was asking the person who received the job offer under what circumstances they fall under an LMIA exempt criteria. I don't see what the issue is with her response and I personally don't feel it's misleading. She wasn't saying the LMIA exempt stream doesn't exist.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Are you the one that started the Naturgrl sucks thread? Because there's next to no chance that a hotel in Winnipeg, Manitoba, is eligible for an LMIA exemption based on Francophone mobility for Quebec.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you the one that started the Naturgrl sucks thread? Because there's next to no chance that a hotel in Winnipeg, Manitoba, is eligible for an LMIA exemption based on Francophone mobility for Quebec.
Looks like I missed some drama.

I was wondering if Jezs was a scammer (who was trying to convince people the Choice Hotel offer was real) since why would someone create a user ID just to say the above.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Looks like I missed some drama.

I was wondering if Jezs was a scammer (who was trying to convince people the Choice Hotel offer was real) since why would someone create a user ID just to say the above.
This is also what I was thinking - someone working to defend the scam they were trying to pull off. There was a thread started by a different throwaway account that was entirely about attacking Naturgrl. They then changed the thread title/topic to "123" since they couldn't figure out how to delete it.

Reactions: Naturgrl and scylla

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I will not take down my post. The post referred to a LMIA exemption for a hotel in Winnipeg Manitoba. I don't think there would be a need for a francophone only position for a known scam by Choice Hotels. I am aware of the francophone exemption, thank you very much.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Thank you all for your inputs.
However, I requested for GCMS notes and the result was that the organisation was real and existing.