+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need some informations about the FBI Certificate and Police Certificate

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
I've applied through Canadian Skilled Worker Program,from my country.
I lived for few years in USA.As far as I knowand learned from this forum,I need to get the Police Certificate from all the countries where I've lived,so I need to get it from my contry and from USA as well.
My questions are;Do I have to get those Certificates from USA,as far as I don;t live there anymore?
I learned how to get the FBI Cert,but how can I get the Police Cert?
If I mailed all the needed documents to the FBI,will they answer to the address in my country?
Do I have to put the address, where I lived in USA.

If anyone from the experience can help me,I realy apreciated.

ThankYou for sharing Your acknowledges,

Jimmy

Raytas

Mar 31, 2008
Hi each state has its own procedure for issuing the police certificate. Even if you don't live in the states anymore you need a fingerprint card filled and signed and the proper fee and to send it via mail to the concerned party. the following link has info on all states !
http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-state-police-clearance.html
I sent mine a month ago and I am still waiting i lived in texas for a couple of years!!
Good Luck.

AleciaTM

Dec 29, 2016
Re: I need some information about the FBI/ US Police Certificate

Hi, I sent off my documents a month ago for the FBI Certificate as I lived in DC but I haven't seen a transaction on my credit card for the application fee or received an email or phone call to say that it has been received and is being processed. I know it takes 12-14 weeks plus shipping time and so if it is lost/hasn't been received/is rejected and I need to submit a new one, I am pressed for time. Please advice if you got anything (and when) when you were processing your police certificate.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: I need some information about the FBI/ US Police Certificate

AleciaTM said:
Hi, I sent off my documents a month ago for the FBI Certificate as I lived in DC but I haven't seen a transaction on my credit card for the application fee or received an email or phone call to say that it has been received and is being processed. I know it takes 12-14 weeks plus shipping time and so if it is lost/hasn't been received/is rejected and I need to submit a new one, I am pressed for time. Please advice if you got anything (and when) when you were processing your police certificate.
Without tracking option you will have no idea whether your packet reached FBI. Either you wait the 12 to 14 weeks and call FBI for an update or send another application with tracking option.