+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need some information please

Cacarolrol

Jun 2, 2018
I live in nicaragua, as u have seen in the news my country it’s faving a humanitarian crisis, more than 100 ppl dead by the communist government we have, most of them young students and young citizens. I was already hit by the police while I was making a video. I have a son who is Canadian and I wonder if there’s any chance that I can ask for refuge in Canada I’m the only one that have full custody of my 7 yrs old child, im a single mother.. any information about this matter I will appreciate it.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You would need to obtain a TRV to come to Canada and claim within the country or leave Nicaragua as apply to the UNHCR and be recognized as a refugee.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I live in nicaragua, as u have seen in the news my country it’s faving a humanitarian crisis, more than 100 ppl dead by the communist government we have, most of them young students and young citizens. I was already hit by the police while I was making a video. I have a son who is Canadian and I wonder if there’s any chance that I can ask for refuge in Canada I’m the only one that have full custody of my 7 yrs old child, im a single mother.. any information about this matter I will appreciate it.
There is nothing in your narrative that indicates a successful refugee claim is likely.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
There are only 3 available options.
1. Apply for a TRV to come to Canada as a visitor, get it approved, and then claim asylum in Canada once you arrive
2. Get a visa to come to USA, and claim asylum at Canadian land border (since you have a son in Canada you would be exempt from safe 3rd country agreement). Unless you mean your Canadian son is the 7yr old and currently living with you, in which case this option will not work unless you have some other family member living in Canada.
3. Leave Nicaragua, get recognized as a true refugee by UNHCR, and see if your son can arrange private refugee sponsorship (group of 5, community sponsor, etc) for you.

You should note that chance of TRV to Canada being approved is incredibly small. Also if you somehow made it to Canada and claimed asylum here, there may be high chance of refusal and eventually being deported if you can't show with evidence you were personally targeted/attached and your life is in danger. Claiming asylum simply based on government currently in power, would have high chance of rejection.

Last edited: