+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need some advice regarding business program in Winnipeg, Manitoba

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi everyone,

I was accepted to a 4 year BBA program concentration in HR, Uni of Winnipeg and I also got my study permit approved for that. Yet, now I just found out that Red River College also offers a good BA program too (2-year diploma also qualifies for 3 years PGWP). I need some advice regarding whether I should change to RRC instead. I have heard some of my friends telling me that RRC has a higher employment rate after graduation, and my goal is to get a job for PR after all. Do you think the BA degree in business worth it and I need some advice about the joint program between UWinnipeg and RRC.

Also, if I graduate with a BA degree in business with a concentration, for PGWP, if I find a job in the business industry but not HR jobs, would that also be considered related to my studies, or does it have to be a job in HR?

Thanks so much in advance!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My advice is that if money is not that big of a deal, do a UG Bachelors from Uni of Winnipeg. I understand PR is important for you but you also need to think about your long term future and a Bach. would help you out a lot more than a diploma from a noname college.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I was accepted to a 4 year BBA program concentration in HR, Uni of Winnipeg and I also got my study permit approved for that. Yet, now I just found out that Red River College also offers a good BA program too (2-year diploma also qualifies for 3 years PGWP). I need some advice regarding whether I should change to RRC instead. I have heard some of my friends telling me that RRC has a higher employment rate after graduation, and my goal is to get a job for PR after all. Do you think the BA degree in business worth it and I need some advice about the joint program between UWinnipeg and RRC.

Also, if I graduate with a BA degree in business with a concentration, for PGWP, if I find a job in the business industry but not HR jobs, would that also be considered related to my studies, or does it have to be a job in HR?

Thanks so much in advance!
If feasible a bachelors degree should lead to better longterm opportunities after you graduate.