+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need some advice on what to do

Frost81

Apr 3, 2020
Hi everyone I am new here & wasn't sure where to post so hopefully I have the right section. I am a Canadian Citizen, looking for some advice on what to do about my situation. I recently just got married to my Thai wife in Thailand a few weeks ago & we also found out that she is expecting a Baby sometime in October it looks like, So my question is: if we applied for PR now is their any chance that it would get approved in time for her to have the baby here?

I have another concern also, So a little over a year ago just after we had that bad storm that caused all that ice, I was going outside to clean off my car to go to work when I slipped on some ice hit my head that caused me to get a neck injury as well as a Concussion that I still have symptoms from, I was told by doctors that I am unable to go back to work anytime soon or maybe not at all. I have a lawsuit that is in the works but with no timeline on when I may see anything from that & not being able to work will my PR application get rejected? I am receiving ODSP for my Cerebral Palsy that I suffer from.

These last few weeks have just been very hard for me with a lot of worry about what to do so I am just trying to get some help, Thank you I appreciate any help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone I am new here & wasn't sure where to post so hopefully I have the right section. I am a Canadian Citizen, looking for some advice on what to do about my situation. I recently just got married to my Thai wife in Thailand a few weeks ago & we also found out that she is expecting a Baby sometime in October it looks like, So my question is: if we applied for PR now is their any chance that it would get approved in time for her to have the baby here?

I have another concern also, So a little over a year ago just after we had that bad storm that caused all that ice, I was going outside to clean off my car to go to work when I slipped on some ice hit my head that caused me to get a neck injury as well as a Concussion that I still have symptoms from, I was told by doctors that I am unable to go back to work anytime soon or maybe not at all. I have a lawsuit that is in the works but with no timeline on when I may see anything from that & not being able to work will my PR application get rejected? I am receiving ODSP for my Cerebral Palsy that I suffer from.

These last few weeks have just been very hard for me with a lot of worry about what to do so I am just trying to get some help, Thank you I appreciate any help.
No chance of approval by October. Plan for the child to be born there.

You don't have to be working. You do have to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
No chance of approval by October. Plan for the child to be born there.

You don't have to be working. You do have to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.
ODSP, as mentioned by the applicant, is NOT welfare and does not bar him to sponsor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ODSP, as mentioned by the applicant, is NOT welfare and does not bar him to sponsor.
??

And NOWHERE did I say that it was welfare or that it barred OP from sponsoring. I am well aware of the rules.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
??

And NOWHERE did I say that it was welfare or that it barred OP from sponsoring. I am well aware of the rules.
Of course, you know the rules, but my comment was to clarify him/her that ODSP is fine as he spent 2/3 of his initial message about that incident and benefit he is receiving and the job that he left.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're right. This absolutely does not bar him from sponsorship. My strong recommendation based on other experiences on this forum is that evidence be included in the application of the spouse's work history (e.g. employment, letter, pay slips, tax return, etc.) to demonstrate that she plans to work in Canada once she comes here and will not seek government support. In the past, we have seen a number of refusals here where the sponsoring spouse was on ODSP and IRCC was concerned the sponsored spouse would not be working when they arrived in Canada. In these cases, the applications were specifically refused for financial reasons. There seems to be a very simple fix for this - and that's to show proof the sponsored spouse is currently working.

Reactions: soheilhs