+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i need info

oduzbaba89

Oct 21, 2016
hi good people of this forum, thanks for your reply all the time as it makes me understand so many things . am sorry for long post dou.

Am a Ghanaian, 27 years old single , I have a Canadian cousin. late last year e sent some CIC sponsorship undertaking forms to me which I signed and a letter of intent which I send to Canada.

E told me e file for the sponsorship approval and he was approved as my sponsor after many weeks. am happy though.

this evening I was reading on CIC website that under the work permit application that is applying within Canada, that once permanent residence application get to some stage or one is included in the permanent residence application, such person work permit can be applied within Canada.

I live in Ghana, do u think am eligible to apply for work permit application inside of Canada since e will help me with the application of work permit within Canada?

do u think if somebody lives outside of Canada, can work application permit be applied inside Canada on behalf of that person? is it possible.

thanks

Orisk

Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
March 8th, 2017
Hi!

You are talking about what is called a "Open Work Permit" (OWP).
OWP are only available if you apply INLAND. This means that the application has to be sent within Canada and you have to live in Canada as a visitor, student or worker to obtain one. You get one after 4 months or so if you send it with your original Sponsorship application or after AIP (Approval in Principle).

So in short, no. You do not qualify to get a work permit since you are not living in Canada.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
oduzbaba89 said:
hi good people of this forum, thanks for your reply all the time as it makes me understand so many things . am sorry for long post dou.

Am a Ghanaian, 27 years old single , I have a Canadian cousin. late last year e sent some CIC sponsorship undertaking forms to me which I signed and a letter of intent which I send to Canada.

E told me e file for the sponsorship approval and he was approved as my sponsor after many weeks. am happy though.

this evening I was reading on CIC website that under the work permit application that is applying within Canada, that once permanent residence application get to some stage or one is included in the permanent residence application, such person work permit can be applied within Canada.

I live in Ghana, do u think am eligible to apply for work permit application inside of Canada since e will help me with the application of work permit within Canada?

do u think if somebody lives outside of Canada, can work application permit be applied inside Canada on behalf of that person? is it possible.

thanks
I do not believe your cousin can sponsor you. Not sure how your cousin got approved as a sponsor under the family sponsorship program. Maybe there is more to your story but check into it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.