+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help with TRV :(

kianmerluza

Dec 21, 2017
Good day!

I was invited by my brother to visit Canada and I applied for a tourist visa, I applied last 29th of November 2017 and received the result today 21st of December. My application was denied by them for following reasons:

- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including :

- travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- current employment situation
- personal assets and financial status

With the first one (travel history), I never been to any places outside of the Philippines.

Family ties, I have my brother in Canada and he is already a citizen there, My sister is legally working there too and have a working permit. I have a family here too. I am married with 2 daughters

Current employment situation, I am an employee of a private company for 2 years until now and they even provided me a COE (certificate of employment) with a purpose of visa application, and I saved all of my leave which can cover my 2 weeks of stay there if granted.

Personal assets, I don't have my own house for i am only renting, I don't have a car, I don't have any valuable properties (I only have my appliances :D)

Financial status, I thought I have enough as my bank statement shows that I have at least 5000 cad (P200,000)

I don't know if I need to contest the decision they made or to re-apply and pay the fees again.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Good day!

I was invited by my brother to visit Canada and I applied for a tourist visa, I applied last 29th of November 2017 and received the result today 21st of December. My application was denied by them for following reasons:

- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including :

- travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- current employment situation
- personal assets and financial status

With the first one (travel history), I never been to any places outside of the Philippines.

Family ties, I have my brother in Canada and he is already a citizen there, My sister is legally working there too and have a working permit. I have a family here too. I am married with 2 daughters

Current employment situation, I am an employee of a private company for 2 years until now and they even provided me a COE (certificate of employment) with a purpose of visa application, and I saved all of my leave which can cover my 2 weeks of stay there if granted.

Personal assets, I don't have my own house for i am only renting, I don't have a car, I don't have any valuable properties (I only have my appliances :D)

Financial status, I thought I have enough as my bank statement shows that I have at least 5000 cad (P200,000)

I don't know if I need to contest the decision they made or to re-apply and pay the fees again.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hello.

I am an ofw here in Saudi for 5yrs. I was denied last fy2015 and got approved only in nov2017. In your case, travel history is one of the factors they considered. Even if you will re-apply again and still no changes on the above refusals, it will be denied again..

Did you submit bank statement? how many months?
did you submit payslip? how much is your monthly salary?

what are the documents u have submitted?

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
Hello.

I am an ofw here in Saudi for 5yrs. I was denied last fy2015 and got approved only in nov2017. In your case, travel history is one of the factors they considered. Even if you will re-apply again and still no changes on the above refusals, it will be denied again..

Did you submit bank statement? how many months?
did you submit payslip? how much is your monthly salary?

what are the documents u have submitted?
hi. Im an ofw as well .. Plan to apply my wife. Can I ask you about your visa application? specifically for travel history because my wife has no previous travel aside from coming to dubai, eventually found a job.

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
hi. Im an ofw as well .. Plan to apply my wife. Can I ask you about your visa application? specifically for travel history because my wife has no previous travel aside from coming to dubai, eventually found a job.
Hi,

Your wife will apply for TRV to Canada? is she in dubai now? I just applied as for me it is more convenient..I travel to Istanbul Turkey,
france, belgium & netherlands. below are the docs I have submitted online.

COE or Employment Contract
Bank statement/payslip-3mos
Flight Reservation
Travel insurance
Copies of my resident ID, previous visa
Detailed itinerary
Letter address to Canadian Embassy-for visiting to Canada

I applied in Jeddah, KSA and I got a result after 29days.

Goodluck.

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
Hi,

Your wife will apply for TRV to Canada? is she in dubai now? I just applied as for me it is more convenient..I travel to Istanbul Turkey,
france, belgium & netherlands. below are the docs I have submitted online.

COE or Employment Contract
Bank statement/payslip-3mos
Flight Reservation
Travel insurance
Copies of my resident ID, previous visa
Detailed itinerary
Letter address to Canadian Embassy-for visiting to Canada

I applied in Jeddah, KSA and I got a result after 29days.

Goodluck.
Yes she is in UAE as well. Actually I'm a new immigrant going to Canada and plan to land only for 10 days for the meantime. I want her to be with me for those 10 days since it's lonely to travel alone.

For Flight Reservation, where did you reserve your flight and hotels?

Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes she is in UAE as well. Actually I'm a new immigrant going to Canada and plan to land only for 10 days for the meantime. I want her to be with me for those 10 days since it's lonely to travel alone.
Wait, she was not in your PR application? Are you newly married? Or did you not include her in your PR application?

elmer20

Oct 25, 2013
Wait, she was not in your PR application? Are you newly married? Or did you not include her in your PR application?
I got married last May during the federal stage of my application. I declared her as non-accompanying because our points will not suffice. But I plan to sponsor her in the future. I already received my visa. I plan to land there in April for 10 days first and return to the UAE. So, I hope she will be approved of a TRV.

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
I got married last May during the federal stage of my application. I declared her as non-accompanying because our points will not suffice. But I plan to sponsor her in the future. I already received my visa. I plan to land there in April for 10 days first and return to the UAE. So, I hope she will be approved of a TRV.
Hi.. I have sent you my reply in your inbox. thank you..