+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help understanding the credit system

estceashzed

Feb 14, 2019
Hello friends ! I'm an international student and I'm new to the college/university jargon that is: credits, units, courses, hour credits, etc. These words are confusing to me especially because my goal is to study full-time while minimizing my expenses. So understanding these terms would help me figure out how to adjust my program to my needs.

When I look on college websites, I see for example "$800/credit", does that mean I have to multiply the coast by the number of credits required for the degree?

I would highly appreciate your guidance. Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello friends ! I'm an international student and I'm new to the college/university jargon that is: credits, units, courses, hour credits, etc. These words are confusing to me especially because my goal is to study full-time while minimizing my expenses. So understanding these terms would help me figure out how to adjust my program to my needs.

When I look on college websites, I see for example "$800/credit", does that mean I have to multiply the coast by the number of credits required for the degree?

I would highly appreciate your guidance. Thank you.
Yes, you multiply the cost by the amount of credits.