+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help please

klemos

Feb 7, 2019
Hello everyone, My name is Karina and I'm here looking for help, advices and opinions. I feel very unhappy and frustrated with my current situation in Canada. I came to Canada in 2011 and after everything I've done, my CRS is only 261 points
I can guess why, my age is 46, I'm divorced, I don't have extra education, I don't speak French. But I've been working in two jobs since 2015 and now I just want to keep doing, keep going with my life here. My sister and my parents are permanent residents.

I was told by a lawyer that I will never be invited to apply for permanent resident and that my only chance would be the Humanitarian and Compassionate visa and this is hurting me so bad. The big problem is, I can't work while I'm waiting for this process, and the process time is 20 to 30 months! What should I do with all my clients and my two jobs? How can I pay my bills in the next two years waiting?

My current status is: waiting for a response about my open work permit extension that I think will be denied.

Here is a summary of my life:
2011 arrived in Canada (visitor visa)
2012 started ESL at Sheridan (Student Visa)
2013 - started 2 years program at Sheridan (Student Visa) Diploma
2015 - applied for pos graduation work permit and started working as a travel agent
2016 - started my second job (pottery studio) (part time)
2017/2018/2019 - I'm still working at both jobs

Thank you so much in advance for any help or advice.
Karina

klemos

Feb 7, 2019
If you have 1 year work experience within last 3 years(no matter what NOC) and are willing to move to Atlantic Canada, you can apply under AIPP for PR. It takes only 6 months and you actually qualify to get a WP under C18 LMIA exemption code.
All you need to do is move to any 4 provinces in Atlantic and locate an employer. If they are already designated, it will be even faster if not they will have to get designated .I know it's not as easy as it sounds and may not work for you if you are not willing to relocate, but it's the fastest way to get PR. Maybe down the line, a year or so later you can move back to Ontario. Good luck.
Thank you so much, I'll check for more details.
Karina

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, My name is Karina and I'm here looking for help, advices and opinions. I feel very unhappy and frustrated with my current situation in Canada. I came to Canada in 2011 and after everything I've done, my CRS is only 261 points
I can guess why, my age is 46, I'm divorced, I don't have extra education, I don't speak French. But I've been working in two jobs since 2015 and now I just want to keep doing, keep going with my life here. My sister and my parents are permanent residents.

I was told by a lawyer that I will never be invited to apply for permanent resident and that my only chance would be the Humanitarian and Compassionate visa and this is hurting me so bad. The big problem is, I can't work while I'm waiting for this process, and the process time is 20 to 30 months! What should I do with all my clients and my two jobs? How can I pay my bills in the next two years waiting?

My current status is: waiting for a response about my open work permit extension that I think will be denied.

Here is a summary of my life:
2011 arrived in Canada (visitor visa)
2012 started ESL at Sheridan (Student Visa)
2013 - started 2 years program at Sheridan (Student Visa) Diploma
2015 - applied for pos graduation work permit and started working as a travel agent
2016 - started my second job (pottery studio) (part time)
2017/2018/2019 - I'm still working at both jobs

Thank you so much in advance for any help or advice.
Karina
On what basis have you applied for an extension to your open work permit? If it's denied, you'll be in Canada without status and will need to stop working immediately - and also apply to restore your status to visitor and hope it's approved. If restoration is not approved, then you'll need to leave Canada.

Yes - H&C applications seem to be taking 2-3 years to complete these days and you don't qualify for a work permit until you have first stage approval which seems to be taking 14+ months to complete these days. So you would need to be able to survive in Canada for at least a year without working. Do you have enough saved to do this? If not, then I don't see H&C as being a realistic option (the chances of approval are generally quite low as well).

Is there any chance that your travel agency is willing to offer you a full time job and obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit? Also agree with the advice above - you should look into the Provincial Nominee Programs to see if there are any options available for you there.

Unfortunately your options are quite limited given your age and points. Have you maxed out your language points by scoring as high as you can on the English test?

klemos

Feb 7, 2019
On what basis have you applied for an extension to your open work permit? If it's denied, you'll be in Canada without status and will need to stop working immediately - and also apply to restore your status to visitor and hope it's approved. If restoration is not approved, then you'll need to leave Canada.

Yes - H&C applications seem to be taking 2-3 years to complete these days and you don't qualify for a work permit until you have first stage approval which seems to be taking 14+ months to complete these days. So you would need to be able to survive in Canada for at least a year without working. Do you have enough saved to do this? If not, then I don't see H&C as being a realistic option (the chances of approval are generally quite low as well).

Is there any chance that your travel agency is willing to offer you a full time job and obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit? Also agree with the advice above - you should look into the Provincial Nominee Programs to see if there are any options available for you there.

Unfortunately your options are quite limited given your age and points. Have you maxed out your language points by scoring as high as you can on the English test?
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Actually I've been applying for this extension since my pos graduation work permit expired the first time. This is my third time applying for an extension. My last work permit expired in Dec, I applied for the extension in October. Now, I'm just waiting for a response so I can apply for the Humanitarian visa, if that's the case. It's good to know that after the first stage I'll be able to work. I live with my sister, so, she is not kicking me out but I still have my bills to pay and I need to help her, two years is too much but one maybe works.

I have a full time job offer at the pottery studio. This is my main job that gave me work experience to apply under the Canadian Experience Class program. I will search more about the Provincial Nominee Programs to learn more.

I also thought about taking another English test but my points are so low that I don't think will make difference.

Thank you so much
Karina