+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i need help on OYW

betty77

Oct 8, 2018
i have been in Canada for 5 month and sponsored by G5 from Sudan. now i family moved from Eritrea to Ethiopia. i want to bring them here. my wife have Eritrean passport but my kid don't have birth certificate only

my question is do they require refugee status or how can i bring them from Ethiopia where they sitting without any status.

thanks

betty77

Oct 8, 2018
They are included in my original application.
my concern is i came through Sudan refugee and i had UNHCR refugee document which was required to be sponsored under private sponsorship.
but now my wife and my kids are in Ethiopia without any status. I don't think Ethiopian government will provide them refugee paper due to new peace progress between this two country. i miss my family, i haven't seen them for over than 5 years.

they have birth certificate, school id to prove with the one i provide information my original application but how did they came to Canada without passport. i came with lease passport (one day visa to enter Canada because i was in refugee camp)

thanks so much

Samuel,

betty77

Oct 8, 2018
Was your wife and children not included in your original sponsorship?
They are included in my original application.
my concern is i came through Sudan refugee and i had UNHCR refugee document which was required to be sponsored under private sponsorship.
but now my wife and my kids are in Ethiopia without any status. I don't think Ethiopian government will provide them refugee paper due to new peace progress between this two country. i miss my family, i haven't seen them for over than 5 years.

they have birth certificate, school id to prove with the one i provide information my original application but how did they came to Canada without passport. i came with lease passport (one day visa to enter Canada because i was in refugee camp)

thanks so much

Samuel,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has your G5 not been trying to answer these questions and arrange for your reunification? Without a passport or refugee document not sure if they would be able to get a temporary passport.