FAM
App. Filed.......
4.Dec.2017
AOR Received.
4. Feb, 2018
Med's Request
20 Feb.
Hi,
Could somebody help me to find some reliable consultants/lawyers, dealing with Family Class sponsorship aplication forms.
If you know or already used somebody while doing your applications will really be good to help me.
I need to start my sponshorship for my husband and 3 children, living in London, to move to Canada.
The one I spoke to yesterday, found him on Google, wants £2,000 to do the aplications and everything for us.
Is this price normal for this?
Many thanks for your help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - that price sounds about right for someone decent. I personally wouldn't go with cheap - you'll get bad advice that could mess up your application (we've seen lots of bad advice on this forum). Either do everything yourself (which is what most of us here have done) - or be prepared to pay a bit of money for good advice.

Reactions: starnaenae

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi,
Could somebody help me to find some reliable consultants/lawyers, dealing with Family Class sponsorship aplication forms.
If you know or already used somebody while doing your applications will really be good to help me.
I need to start my sponshorship for my husband and 3 children, living in London, to move to Canada.
The one I spoke to yesterday, found him on Google, wants £2,000 to do the aplications and everything for us.
With 3 kids and what I assume is a long relationship, your application will be a piece of cake slam dunk.

Do not even consider a consultant or lawyer, unless you and your husband are incapable of doing paperwork and filling out the apps, or simply have too much money that you don't know what to do with it. Simply start reading through the spousal sponsorship guide on CIC site, and begin filling in things. As you get questions, ask them here for free.

Also keep in mind you get what you pay for. Get a cheap consultant, and you will get cheap quality advice. I can't even count anymore the number of stories read on this forum, of consultants/lawyers who were really clueless and ended up using wrong info in the apps causing massive delays for their clients. Seems to happen all the time.

Last edited:

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
That price is a cheap consultant.

ScottishPolish

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-16-2016
Interview........
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
Hi,
We used one because we had no idea what we were doing and wanted to make sure there were no mistakes at all. 2000 pounds is fair, however be aware that will likely be the START point and they will find a way to use it up quickly and keep adding to it.

Also, if you found him on Google what did you use as your search terms? Just out of curiosity. Having used one myself, I made 100% sure I checked every possible way I could to ensure that they were legitimate and not just a "consultant" who could be somebody who has decided they are an expert. Be sure to do your own research and that they are a real person, especially since you are doing it from a distance - you need to trust this person. Are they in Canada or in the UK claiming they can help? Really important to know.