+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help, confused about citizenship application

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
In my COPR original entry date was incorrect .

So I applied amend COPR ( landing paper ) and received correction copy.

I applied my citizenship recently but didn't include my COPR amend copy because in CIT 0007 checklist didn't ask landing paper ( cop copy ).

So i am wonder will it make delay my application because i didn't include my amend COPR

My understanding was CIC has all the records when I arrived in Canada thats why I didn't include my COPR

Please advise me I am little bit worried.

Thanks
Need Canadian Pr

Mazcar

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
In my COPR original entry date was incorrect .

So I applied amend COPR ( landing paper ) and received correction copy.

I applied my citizenship recently but didn't include my COPR amend copy because in CIT 0007 checklist didn't ask landing paper ( cop copy ).

So i am wonder will it make delay my application because i didn't include my amend COPR

My understanding was CIC has all the records when I arrived in Canada thats why I didn't include my COPR

Please advise me I am little bit worried.

Thanks
Need Canadian Pr
You're fine.
Take it with you to your interview but keep it aside. My best advice to you is not to volunteer information in the interview except if you were asked about it.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
You're fine.
Take it with you to your interview but keep it aside. My best advice to you is not to volunteer information in the interview except if you were asked about it.

many thanks for your reply
do you think CIC has my original entry date in Canada

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
it is almost common that CIC always made mistake in COPR they always put last entry date as a original entry date
so for the safe side it is better to get correction which you already did

if incase cic urge with you that your original entry date is you wrote incorrect then show VOS

i think it will not be an issue .

my case: in my case they wrote my last entry as a original entry which is incorrect. so this is normal

thanks
h khan

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Guys, they have your whole history on file. They know when you originally entered. It's all tied to your UCI number. If you say you originally entered on xyz date, and there's a work permit on your file dated the same date, they're not going to look at your COPR and just take away all your credit for time spent in Canada before PR. They'll just look at it, and the error will be obvious. Or if they ask you to explain it, then you simply explain it.