+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need expert advise/suggestions on this rejection GCMS

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Here's the GCMS notes for my sisters application 6 months ago:

"I have reviewed the application, based on the financial documents submitted, the applicant appears to have a moderate level of establishment in their country of residence, as as a consequence, the visit does not appear to be a reasonable expense. In addition, to have therefore accorded less weight to the applicants economic ties. The applicants incentives ti remain in Canada may outweigh their tires to their home country. the applicants travel history is insufficient to count as positive factor in my assessment. the applicants immigration status in their country of residence appears to be temporary, which may reduce their ties to that country. weighing the the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay."
I am planning to let her reapply and see if she can get it approved.

Any advise? insights?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Basically it's saying your sister's finances need to be improved and she has more ties in Canada than she has in her country of residence and home country. I assume she is in a different country than her birth country. It is hard for people to proved home ties when they are in another country temporarily (student or worker).

She needs to improve her finances before reapplying. What is her status in the other country? Don't just reapply with the same profile without fixing these issues, as she will almost certainly be rejected again.

• What is your status in Canada
  • What is she applying for
  • does she have a job?
  • What are your finances like
  • What is her status in the country of residence
  • Where were you both born
Answers to these questions need to be provided as a minimum if you want any advice.

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, she is based in Dubai. Please see below answer:

Basically it's saying your sister's finances need to be improved and she has more ties in Canada than she has in her country of residence and home country. I assume she is in a different country than her birth country. It is hard for people to proved home ties when they are in another country temporarily (student or worker).

She needs to improve her finances before reapplying. What is her status in the other country? Don't just reapply with the same profile without fixing these issues, as she will almost certainly be rejected again.

• What is your status in Canada: PR (A little over a year here in Canada)
  • What is she applying for: TRV
  • does she have a job?: Yes, she is working in Dubai (A little over a year)
  • What are your finances like: My finances are okay, I applied for my other siblings and mother at the same time - she was the only one rejected. Both my sisters who are based in Dubai both applied online. elder sister got approve and she got rejected. Mother and Brother applied back home via paper application - both approved.
  • What is her status in the country of residence: She is on work permit/ resident permit in Dubai
  • Where were you both born: Philippines
Answers to these questions need to be provided as a minimum if you want any advice.
I was thinking if she can reapply again via paper application back home. My siblings and mother just visited me here except her. Is there something that all of us can do to support her? affidavit/ statutory declaration from all family members?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Her finances seem to be the major issue here. If it looks like she is spending all her savings or most of her savings on a trip, this looks suspicious. Also, her job is probably an issue too. What is she working as? Does your other sister have better finances and a better job in Dubai? Did your mother and your siblings just visit and go back home. I assume they did as you said they just visited.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I am guessing she may have some red flags in her profile (for example, a nursing education or work as a domestic helper/nanny) that accounted for the TRV rejection, as the caregiver or PSW route to settle in Canada is popular among Overseas Filipino Workers.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I was thinking if she can reapply again via paper application back home. My siblings and mother just visited me here except her. Is there something that all of us can do to support her? affidavit/ statutory declaration from all family members?
Unless she's permanently moved back home and has established ties there (home, property, business, work, financial, etc.), applying on paper from home will do nothing. If she's just visiting home, she still has to declare her country of residence - and if she's still living and working in Dubai - then you will see that nothing at all will change because her application will be treated as an application of an overseas worker in Dubai with moderate to no ties to home or to country of residence.

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you so much for your response.

Her finances seem to be the major issue here. If it looks like she is spending all her savings or most of her savings on a trip, this looks suspicious - Yes, you are right. She is the youngest of my siblings and typical carefree person who just spend her paycheck to travel and just a little savings.

. Also, her job is probably an issue too. What is she working as? She works in accounts payable

Does your other sister have better finances and a better job in Dubai? Yes, my other sister does have a better job and salary.

Did your mother and your siblings just visit and go back home. So we originally planned to spend the holidays as a family here in Canada. Everyone except her visited and they all went back as per the plan which is to just visit me. Its summer and they all wanted to experience summer again.

I assume they did as you said they just visited.

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you so much for your response. Im not sure about the red flags that you mentioned though. She's neither and this red flags was never mentioned in her GCMS

I am guessing she may have some red flags in her profile (for example, a nursing education or work as a domestic helper/nanny) that accounted for the TRV rejection, as the caregiver or PSW route to settle in Canada is popular among Overseas Filipino Workers.

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you so much for your response.

My brother who is employed less than a year and just enough salary with no savings and my mother is a widow and no work got their TRV approved when they applied via paper application back home. I thought of maybe she can apply there via paper application

Unless she's permanently moved back home and has established ties there (home, property, business, work, financial, etc.), applying on paper from home will do nothing. If she's just visiting home, she still has to declare her country of residence - and if she's still living and working in Dubai - then you will see that nothing at all will change because her application will be treated as an application of an overseas worker in Dubai with moderate to no ties to home or to country of residence.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your response. Im not sure about the red flags that you mentioned though. She's neither and this red flags was never mentioned in her GCMS
OK, my assumption there is incorrect, but all the same, it seems the visa officer thinks that her current career path does not have much stability or good long-term prospects in Dubai, that the VO thinks your sister would be better off trying to look for a job in Canada since she will have to spend all of her savings on this trip.

Even if you will pay for her, the officer will still look at the primary applicant's financial capacity to pay for the trip, as if she was paying for it entirely. And she failed on that respect.

Your sister is walking on thin ice here, but if you want to try again, she has to show her long-term career prospects outside of Canada (whether in Dubai or the Philippines), and perhaps you can also show to try to show your own finances and submit a daily budget and itinerary of her stay...a busy tourist agenda showing that she will not try to look for work once she arrives in Canada. (You don't have to pre-pay for any admission or flight tickets.)

PS: Do you mind not using bold text in all your replies? I guess you're trying to set yourself apart in this thread because you're the OP, but it's not good or polite practice.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
She needs more savings. As bellaluna said, she will have to prove that she is going to return and not just take a job in Canada when visiting to get paid better. I would suggest waiting for a year and building up her savings, so that the trip does not almost wipe them out. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but she will have an improved chance of being accepted. If she applies with the same finances she will be refused again. Oh and make sure the first refusal is mentioned on the next application, as you don't want her banned for misrepresentation. Hope it works out.

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Apologies. Yes you are right, I am just trying to highlight it and I didn't mean to be impolite or something.

OK, my assumption there is incorrect, but all the same, it seems the visa officer thinks that her current career path does not have much stability or good long-term prospects in Dubai, that the VO thinks your sister would be better off trying to look for a job in Canada since she will have to spend all of her savings on this trip.

Even if you will pay for her, the officer will still look at the primary applicant's financial capacity to pay for the trip, as if she was paying for it entirely. And she failed on that respect.

Your sister is walking on thin ice here, but if you want to try again, she has to show her long-term career prospects outside of Canada (whether in Dubai or the Philippines), and perhaps you can also show to try to show your own finances and submit a daily budget and itinerary of her stay...a busy tourist agenda showing that she will not try to look for work once she arrives in Canada. (You don't have to pre-pay for any admission or flight tickets.)

PS: Do you mind not using bold text in all your replies? I guess you're trying to set yourself apart in this thread because you're the OP, but it's not good or polite practice.

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you so much on your input and advise. Really appreciate it!

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you so much on your input and advise. Really appreciate it!

She needs more savings. As bellaluna said, she will have to prove that she is going to return and not just take a job in Canada when visiting to get paid better. I would suggest waiting for a year and building up her savings, so that the trip does not almost wipe them out. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but she will have an improved chance of being accepted. If she applies with the same finances she will be refused again. Oh and make sure the first refusal is mentioned on the next application, as you don't want her banned for misrepresentation. Hope it works out.

Naveenandtina

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
AOR Received.
19-12-2018

• What is your status in Canada
  • What is she applying for
  • does she have a job?
  • What are your finances like
  • What is her status in the country of residence
  • Where were you both born

Dear russ6970,

Im a 2018 December AOR express entry Applicant. Got my GCMS notes today.

Can you kindly help me to decode and explain, status of the below relevant gcms note for me and my spouse? Like which stage is it in.... Where might be the potential delay... Is it stuck at the job description reviews or Bank statements etc.....

We have 13 days only to complete 6 Months review period....

Regards
Naveen And Tina

GCMS Information Request: Application

Request Identifier: A-2019-10202 Requested Date: 05/07/2019
Created Date: 2019/02/20 22:54:57
Created By: BB18252
Updated Date: 2019/02/20 22:54:57
Updated By: BB18252
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: PReVU Verified (applicant information)

NOTES: 3

Created Date: 2019/02/01 06:29:30
Created By: LF01706
Updated Date: 2019/02/01 06:29:45
Updated By: LF01706
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: E00XXXXXX REGULATION: FSW | have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 449 CRS SCORE: 473 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified ----- LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse 1 -English- IELTS and Verified ----- EDUCATION----- Primary Applicant 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's Degree Foreign credential provided Spouse 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's Degree Foreign credential provided ----- POLICE CERTIFICATE----- Primary Applicant 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- United Arab Emirates police certificate: Provided-NRT 3- Bahrain police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- Bahrain police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality ----- AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR ----- DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW----- Client Information