+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need an Assitance !

Ananai

Apr 13, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I need a Guide to what to do regarding my spouse! Please Advice?

I'm a Canadian Citizen and I work in AB my spouse from Europe (Greece) he is a visitor here for two years so far. We already applied for his Resident Visa paper (Sponsor him ) last October, 2011 from inside Canada since he lives with me. We got to know later that the process takes longer applying for inside Canada than applying from outside Canada!

Since we already applied we have no option but wait, as stated so far in the Immigration website they are still working on application submitted on April ! and another 8 month for 2nd stage !

Now the issue that I need an assist with ! I need to find a way for him to work in Canada legally! Were he can apply anywhere to find a job! Again remember that no employer is willing to give him an employment visa!

I heard of something called “open work permit” but again I get to know it’s only for the younger people my husband age 40.
I just need assistance to how he can obtain a permit to work at any Employer !

I really appreciate any help or assitance.

Thanks.

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
Ananai said:
Hello Everyone,
I need a Guide to what to do regarding my spouse! Please Advice?

I'm a Canadian Citizen and I work in AB my spouse from Europe (Greece) he is a visitor here for two years so far. We already applied for his Resident Visa paper (Sponsor him ) last October, 2011 from inside Canada since he lives with me. We got to know later that the process takes longer applying for inside Canada than applying from outside Canada!

Since we already applied we have no option but wait, as stated so far in the Immigration website they are still working on application submitted on April ! and another 8 month for 2nd stage !

Now the issue that I need an assist with ! I need to find a way for him to work in Canada legally! Were he can apply anywhere to find a job! Again remember that no employer is willing to give him an employment visa!

I heard of something called “open work permit” but again I get to know it's only for the younger people my husband age 40.
I just need assistance to how he can obtain a permit to work at any Employer !

I really appreciate any help or assitance.

Thanks.
When I was looking into something like this, from what I recall, there's really no way to get one in your situation unless your spouse has a job offer and a company willing to go through the hoops required. Open work permits (OWP) are only available to spouses and common-law partners of temporary foreign workers and foreign students (and graduating international students) as far as I know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you applied inland, he will qualify for an open work permit once first stage processing has been completed. First stage processing is currently taking 11 months to complete. So you're looking at around September before he will qualify for an open work permit.

If he wants to work sooner, he'll have to find an employer who is willing to hire him and obtain an approved labour market opinion.

Ananai

Apr 13, 2012
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I was wondering why there is no rule or law regarding the ones apply for their Resident Visa from Inside Canada ? where it can easy the situation for them instead of being a purden on their sponsors ! and How is that good for the ones who is waiting inside canada for thier resident process ? if you understand what i mean ?
its effecting him very bad just sitting and doing nothing !

I'm still hoping for soemthing that can help him to get his feet up and not feeling down everyday and not being productive ! as you know its not like the work is waiting for him out there ! he still needs to go and find a job and that is another 6 months if we are lucky.

Ananai

Apr 13, 2012
I have one more question ! we want to go for 3 weeks vacation can he leave canada for 3 weeks and come back ( he has a valid visa till end of december) ?

thanks.