+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need advice

Xgonna

Aug 18, 2023
Can my underage Canadian siblings, aged 14, initiate the Permanent Residency (PR) application for a parent (. Because they’re too young to live alone) and subsequently apply for the PR of the other siblings? Am Canadian to living and school here age 21 can i apply for my parents to

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can my underage Canadian siblings, aged 14, initiate the Permanent Residency (PR) application for a parent (. Because they’re too young to live alone) and subsequently apply for the PR of the other siblings? Am Canadian to living and school here age 21 can i apply for my parents to
No they cannot untill they are older. Neither can you. Right now it is a once a year lottery, and they need to meet minimum income requirements for at least 3 years for the number of people in the family. Once they do and the program opens to new profiles there is a lottery once a year. Siblings under 22 can be included but once over 22, and if not selected in the lottery they are not included. There are hundreds of thousands of applications for 15k spots. Some people are never selected. How many siblings that are not Canadian?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Short answer is no.
Yhey have to be at least 18 to sponsor and at that they would still need to meet LICO for the number of people being sponsored for the preceding 3 years. Add to that actually being chosen to sponsor, and you are looking at waiting until they are at least 21.

Xgonna

Aug 18, 2023
No they cannot untill they are older. Neither can you. Right now it is a once a year lottery, and they need to meet minimum income requirements for at least 3 years for the number of people in the family. Once they do and the program opens to new profiles there is a lottery once a year. Siblings under 22 can be included but once over 22, and if not selected in the lottery they are not included. There are hundreds of thousands of applications for 15k spots. Some people are never selected. How many siblings that are not Canadian?
So is there any way i can get my family here

Xgonna

Aug 18, 2023
Short answer is no.
Yhey have to be at least 18 to sponsor and at that they would still need to meet LICO for the number of people being sponsored for the preceding 3 years. Add to that actually being chosen to sponsor, and you are looking at waiting until they are at least 21.
So is there anyother way i can get my family here

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So is there any way i can get my family here
They can visit. If your parents want to immigrate then they need to look at eligibility for Express Entry based on their age, education, language skills, work experience and funds. How old are your siblings who are not citizens.

Xgonna

Aug 18, 2023
They can visit. If your parents want to immigrate then they need to look at eligibility for Express Entry based on their age, education, language skills, work experience and funds. How old are your siblings who are not citizens.
Me and my siblings are all citizens we were born here. Except my parents who are back home and my elder brother who schools here

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Me and my siblings are all citizens we were born here. Except my parents who are back home and my elder brother who schools here
Having Canadian children doesn’t allow them to live and work in Canada. They have to either immigrate or they can visit. Sponsoring them is years away. Do they have TRVs? If not, it may be very difficult for them to be approved since their young adult children are citizens.

Xgonna

Aug 18, 2023
Having Canadian children doesn’t allow them to live and work in Canada. They have to either immigrate or they can visit. Sponsoring them is years away. Do they have TRVs? If not, it may be very difficult for them to be approved since their young adult children are citizens.
What of my brother that an international student is there any way i can help him stay and get his papers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What of my brother that an international student is there any way i can help him stay and get his papers
No. He needs to do this on his own and qualify on his own.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your brother got lucky if he was able to get a study permit after you and possibly your siblings applied for asylum. The fact that at least you applied for asylum will complicate your parents ability to get any for of temporary visa/permit to come to Canada. The fact that all your siblings are in Canada adds to the issue since their ties to Canada will be significantly stronger than their home country. The other option would be a group to 5 sponsorship if they meet the requirements and if you have a group of five and the finances required to sponsor 2 refugees. The process may still take a few years but has better odds than PGP. Do they live in their home country and have they been designated refugees by the UN? How did your younger siblings obtain status in Canada? How did you obtain status in Canada since it would appear that you have been applying for asylum since 2017 so would have been a minor when you came to Canada

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But you are 21, so your underage siblings could have live with you (as their legal guardian). Besides, many parents send their underaged children for boarding schools, so this is a non-issue.

Xgonna

Aug 18, 2023
How can you be born in Canada but also be applying for asylum?
Your brother got lucky if he was able to get a study permit after you and possibly your siblings applied for asylum. The fact that at least you applied for asylum will complicate your parents ability to get any for of temporary visa/permit to come to Canada. The fact that all your siblings are in Canada adds to the issue since their ties to Canada will be significantly stronger than their home country. The other option would be a group to 5 sponsorship if they meet the requirements and if you have a group of five and the finances required to sponsor 2 refugees. The process may still take a few years but has better odds than PGP. Do they live in their home country and have they been designated refugees by the UN? How did your younger siblings obtain status in Canada? How did you obtain status in Canada since it would appear that you have been applying for asylum since 2017 so would have been a minor when you came to Canada
I didn’t not apply for any asylum i was born here me and my younger siblings we all Canadians but my parents went back dey are not citizens and my older brother too is not a citizen he is here schooling but he want to become one and am trying to get my mom over here too

Xgonna

Aug 18, 2023
How can you be born in Canada but also be applying for asylum?
Ohh i see… the confusion the first thread is my boyfriend own i will delete that he is the one that made that he told me about this forums so am using it to ask questions