+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Need A TRV ASAP. What Do I Do?

TacticalPolarBird

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
I have a work permit which was recently issued and I have now applied for the TRV. I was waiting for the work permit to get processed so that's why I couldn't apply for the TRV earlier.

But I now have to travel to my home country and I cannot because I don't have the TRV. I know that it's not a good idea to leave Canada and apply for a TRV from outside because then you won't be able to enter until it gets processed.

Is there something I can do? Surely there's some flagpoling type method for situations like this? How do people deal with emergencies if they have to immediately travel outside? Also from reading some of the other posts on here, there are lots of people who've been waiting for their TRV's for more than 4 months. But I cannot wait that long. Any advice would be appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a work permit which was recently issued and I have now applied for the TRV. I was waiting for the work permit to get processed so that's why I couldn't apply for the TRV earlier.

But I now have to travel to my home country and I cannot because I don't have the TRV. I know that it's not a good idea to leave Canada and apply for a TRV from outside because then you won't be able to enter until it gets processed.

Is there something I can do? Surely there's some flagpoling type method for situations like this? How do people deal with emergencies if they have to immediately travel outside? Also from reading some of the other posts on here, there are lots of people who've been waiting for their TRV's for more than 4 months. But I cannot wait that long. Any advice would be appreciated.
You can't flagpole to get a TRV. TRVs aren't issued at the border. You can certainly leave Canada without the TRV but you need the TRV to return. The only option is to apply for the TRV (either in Canada or outside of Canada) and then wait for it to be approved.

Reactions: TacticalPolarBird

rajns

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022

Since you already applied for TRV inside Canada which seems to be taking about a month for approval, even if you travel, once you get passport request, you may explore the option to get it stamped in your home country. You don't need to apply again for TRV from outside if this works out.

Reactions: TacticalPolarBird