File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
May be its just me, but I think there is a very remote possibility they will do such a check. Truth is there is nothing wrong with your file. So, I think its better to keep it clean that way. Saying something like "I didn't live with a guy whom I'm not seeing now, long long ago" is attracting unnecessary attention and will only delay the file, raise red flags. They may start to think "hmmmm, why did she take the time to mention something about it, if there is nothing there. There must be something there :eek:"

ydj_dil

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
May be its just me, but I think there is a very remote possibility they will do such a check. Truth is there is nothing wrong with your file. So, I think its better to keep it clean that way. Saying something like "I didn't live with a guy whom I'm not seeing now, long long ago" is attracting unnecessary attention and will only delay the file, raise red flags. They may start to think "hmmmm, why did she take the time to mention something about it, if there is nothing there. There must be something there :eek:"

Even if they check, aren't we now saying you actually never lived there with the guy for 12 months? So, that guys address won't be matching with yours at that time for the whole duration. Even if it did, you could always say we lived together but were only in relation for 360/365 days. You are thinking too much about it. Like in Bourne movies. No such thing will happen, we are normal people with normal files.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ydj_dil said:

Even if they check, aren't we now saying you actually never lived there with the guy for 12 months? So, that guys address won't be matching with yours at that time for the whole duration. Even if it did, you could always say we lived together but were only in relation for 360/365 days. You are thinking too much about it. Like in Bourne movies. No such thing will happen, we are normal people with normal files.
I def see your point! I just wont bother with the extra sheet then. They havent questioned it before so why would they now? We have so much proof of our marriage that I highly see that they would queation it at all :) Thanks so much for all the support!

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
ydj_dil said:

I agree. Yesterday we had a similar case on this forum: a guy didn't want to talk about his ex girlfriend side they were splitted some time ago and haven't anything signed in common.
I doubt cic would be able to find some in this case.
The same thing here. If you don't have nothing who goes you with your ex, wth would you talk about this?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mrs.sweden said:
Well the reason for the note would be if they checked my previous adresses and sees that Ive lived at the same adress as some other guy. The note would be in purpose of explaining that.
How do you expect CIC will know anything about your ex-bf, and that he shared your address for a while?

You are simply submitting your address history, not showing a list of everyone you ever lived with at those addresses. CIC will not be doing an investigation into some address you lived at almost a decade ago.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Rob_TO said:
How do you expect CIC will know anything about your ex-bf, and that he shared your address for a while?

You are simply submitting your address history, not showing a list of everyone you ever lived with at those addresses. CIC will not be doing an investigation into some address you lived at almost a decade ago.
I don't even think they will perform an investigation about your adress from last year.
It's just a history.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DanSlh said:
I agree. Yesterday we had a similar case on this forum: a guy didn't want to talk about his ex girlfriend side they were splitted some time ago and haven't anything signed in common.
I doubt cic would be able to find some in this case.
The same thing here. If you don't have nothing who goes you with your ex, wth would you talk about this?
Cause I was in a relationship with this guy a little bit over a year but cant remenber when we moved in together and when I broke it off and moved back in with my parents. And I have tried every possible way to try to find out but I dont have any papers no nothing, I have a very strong and a straight forward application, this was worrying alot about this, I would never lie and obviously didnt want to risk beeing accused with missrepresentation because of something I wasent trying to hide in the first place.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
mrs.sweden said:
Cause I was in a relationship with this guy a little bit over a year but cant remenber when we moved in together and when I broke it off and moved back in with my parents. And I have tried every possible way to try to find out but I dont have any papers no nothing, I have a very strong and a straight forward application, this was worrying alot about this, I would never lie and obviously didnt want to risk beeing accused with missrepresentation because of something I wasent trying to hide in the first place.
Sorry to ask, bt do you have ANY paper with your both names written on it?
If not, I don't really think it's an issue or a red flag.
At least I can't even figure out how can they discover something about it.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DanSlh said:
Sorry to ask, bt do you have ANY paper with your both names written on it?
If not, I don't really think it's an issue or a red flag.
At least I can't even figure out how can they discover something about it.

No I dont have anything, not a single paper, no old lease, we never bought anything together, never filed taxes together, I even looked through emails that were 7 years old to see if there was anywere were I mentioned what day we started dated. Since the whole relationship was just over a year long and I remember there beeing a few months after we first started dated until we moved in together so I HIGHLY doubt us living together for more than 12 months...its just a very scary feeling not feeling one hundred procent sure.,,its so many years ago so its impossible to remember, wish I would have written it down but I obviously had no idea I would meet a canadian who I wanted to move to Canada with. But like Ive said before, my International Experience Canada application I declared "no previous common law", they never questioned it then so I dont think they will now :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mrs.sweden said:
No I dont have anything, not a single paper, no old lease, we never bought anything together, never filed taxes together, I even looked through emails that were 7 years old to see if there was anywere were I mentioned what day we started dated. Since the whole relationship was just over a year long and I remember there beeing a few months after we first started dated until we moved in together so I HIGHLY doubt us living together for more than 12 months...its just a very scary feeling not feeling one hundred procent sure.,,its so many years ago so its impossible to remember, wish I would have written it down but I obviously had no idea I would meet a canadian who I wanted to move to Canada with. But like Ive said before, my International Experience Canada application I declared "no previous common law", they never questioned it then so I dont think they will now :)
Can you think of even 1 remote way that CIC would ever know what boyfriends you had and who you lived with almost a decade ago?

You are way over-thinking this. Just select "no" with no further explanation, move on to the next question, and don't worry about it!!

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Can you think of even 1 remote way that CIC would ever know what boyfriends you had and who you lived with almost a decade ago?

You are way over-thinking this. Just select "no" with no further explanation, move on to the next question, and don't worry about it!!

I will! Thank's again for putting up with me! Dont know what I would have done without this forum :)

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
You know, if you don't leave any gap on your app, I don't think you should mention anything you don't want.
I understand when pleople on this forum says "we're not encourage you to lie", but c'mon... If there's nothing to worry, so there's nothing to worry.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DanSlh said:
You know, if you don't leave any gap on your app, I don't think you should mention anything you don't want.
I understand when pleople on this forum says "we're not encourage you to lie", but c'mon... If there's nothing to worry, so there's nothing to worry.

I would never ever lie with intetion, If I knew I obviously would declare it. I have nothing to hide. I just didnt know what to do since since I dont remember for how long, neither me or my husband knew how to handle the situation.

ydj_dil

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
Thats exactly the point - you have nothing to hide because there is nothing wrong. So rest easy. No need to complicate a clean file. Think about it from their side, it will be like your saying this: "I love my husband, we love each other very much, been together for a long time. I don't know ANYTHING about THAT guy though - its been a long time. But, yes, I love my husband. That guy, I don't know." Wouldn't you wonder - hmmmm, who is that guy? Why is she talking about him.

If there is nothing to hide, there is no need to say I have nothing to hide, right?

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014
mrs.sweden said:
Did you provide any documentation or any type of papers that you seperated/moved apart...thats what Im so scared of, that I will check yes for common law but have no papers about it whats so ever :(
No nothing at all..
I was signed common-law to my previous partner (while in Canada), we split up, he moved back to the UK.
A year and a half later, after falling in love, my sponsor and I moved in together and a year later we signed common-law and he became my sponsor. There was no official documentation provided that showed my previous relationship had finished, I just wrote them a letter explaining the circumstances.