+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need 9 immigration photos, right?

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be applying outland through Buffalo and I just want to know how many photos I need to include with the application.
Also, can they all be of the same photo or should they be different?
Where in the application do I need to put these?

And do any of you have suggestions on where to get the pictures done at?
I will either get them done here in Canada which I live in St. John's Newfoundland right now
Or I will be getting them done in Virginia where my home is in the states

All opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
And thanks to all that have helped me so far. All of you and this forum have been a tremendous help to me. :)

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are applying outland through Buffalo, you will need to include 4 photos with your application- all identical. In addition, you also need photos for you medical- 5 if you are applying outland, so your best bet is to get them all at the same time (they can be the same photos as well..)

Go to a photography shop- here in Canada we have a place called Black's photo's and they do them are are familiar with the process. I am certain you have places similar in the US. Make sure you specify that these are IMMIGRATION photos, not passport photos as they are in fact different.

Include them with the Principal Applicants portion of the application... people often stick them in a small envelope, and paper clip it...there is really no mandate as far as they go..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the region specific guide! It will tell you how many you need.

Go to anyplace where they do passport photo's and bring the paper from the guide with the photo specifications. You might even be able to do it at Walmart.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diddagirl said:
If you are applying outland through Buffalo, you will need to include 4 photos with your application- all identical. In addition, you also need photos for you medical- 5 if you are applying outland, so your best bet is to get them all at the same time (they can be the same photos as well..)

Go to a photography shop- here in Canada we have a place called Black's photo's and they do them are are familiar with the process. I am certain you have places similar in the US. Make sure you specify that these are IMMIGRATION photos, not passport photos as they are in fact different.

Include them with the Principal Applicants portion of the application... people often stick them in a small envelope, and paper clip it...there is really no mandate as far as they go..
Thank you so much. :)

kumakuma

Sep 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this may not be relevant to you...but just in case you missed this like i did...

i thought at first everyone in the family who will go to canada, (in my case, me, my wife, and son--who is already a citizen) had to send the photos and have info filled on applicant's app for perm. res.
i just realized what a mistake that was. i think it is worded really unclearly, as are many other points, but anyway, that section doesn't include those who are already perm res or canadian citizens, meaning the nine photos are just for applicant, and in fact only the applicant needs to submit any photos at all.

just thought i'd share my revelation in case anyone else misunderstood it like me.