+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I moved to a different province to work while still under PNP nomination in another province and before the granting of PR.

Strunge29

Apr 10, 2023
As the headline makes clear, I moved to a different province to accept work while still under PNP nomination in another province and before the granting of PR. The nominating province found out. they have asked me to provide evidence that i am still resident in their province. They want DV license and Health care card (I can provide those, I still have them) they also want evidence of lease or purchase or rental accommodation. I currently don't have that. Again they want my bank info for the last 3 months. I understand this could be serious. My question is:

how screwed am I?

For contest, I was an international student in the province and graduated and applied for PNP. I stayed for 8 months where I passionately search for jobs moving across three cities in the province to look for employment. However, the thing is I am hearing impaired and this makes employers super reluctant to hire me. Unless I hide my disability during job competition i never ever get hired. After i got hired and revealed my disability i would be let go by my employer within a short time.

This became a pattern so much so that I came near destitution and could hardly meet basic necessities like my rent bills and even for a short while, daily meals. I also did not qualify for unemployment income in the province since I hadn't work long enough to qualify. The maximum i could be allowed to last in job was a month or two. in my desperation, I applied and got hired by an organization outside the province. I know I should have alert the PNP province and ask for my nomination to be withdrawn. For some reason I simply can't fathom, it did not occur to me to do that - maybe because in my mind I was still a resident of the province. Which is why i retained my healthcare card and drivers license and did not exchange them for those of the province i have been working

Now the PNP nominating province has found out and now wants me to prove I reside in their province failing that they will contact IRCC and have them withdraw the nomination. I understand that this could land me in real trouble with IRCC.

My additional questions are:

1. At this moment can I ask the PNP nominee province to let me voluntarily withdraw my PNP-sponsored PR application?
  2. Can I ask IRCC to let me do the same, that is let me withdraw my PR application?
  3. How likely are both to agree to this?
  4. If I decide to move back to the province and quit my job will this all go away?
  5. What is the worst scenario i am facing?

Thank you all in advance for your responses

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Sorry but this is far beyond the scope of volunteers on this forum. Suggest you get a lawyer involved. Ask if they can come up with an arrangement based on your income/current financial situation.

Reactions: Taran D

Strunge29

Apr 10, 2023
What sort of arrangement, if i may ask? As i have stated I just want to abondon the whole application and start afresh. is that not possible?

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
In past, I emailed province to withdraw my PNP nomination and IRCC to withdraw my federal application. Worked well.
Province sent confirmation email in a month,. IRCC in about 8months

Reactions: Strunge29

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What sort of arrangement, if i may ask? As i have stated I just want to abondon the whole application and start afresh. is that not possible?
Speak with PNP over the phone and discuss about above options. As it looks, they have information that you do not meet eligibility anymore but they usually issue Procedure fairness letter before withdrawing your file. You can request to withdraw PNP and do the same with IRCC. Yes, thats a messed up situation....

Strunge29

Apr 10, 2023
In past, I emailed province to withdraw my PNP nomination and IRCC to withdraw my federal application. Worked well.
Hei this is super wonderful news! What happened in your case if I may ask. Was it similar to my own or was your situation different. As the other poster mentions, yes i am really in a messed up situation. I so wish to go the route you recommended. could you please elaborate a bit. For instance by telling me if the situation you were in was at all similar to what i face now. Thanks a lot for your answer. i await your response again.

Strunge29

Apr 10, 2023
Speak with PNP over the phone and discuss about above options. As it looks, they have information that you do not meet eligibility anymore but they usually issue Procedure fairness letter before withdrawing your file. You can request to withdraw PNP and do the same with IRCC. Yes, thats a messed up situation....

Thank you so much. This is what i have in mind all along. Although I have hearing loss and can hardly make calls, i will find a way to contact them and discuss the options you raise. Perhaps email first and then ask for sort of a zoom or teams interview.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you so much. This is what i have in mind all along. Although I have hearing loss and can hardly make calls, i will find a way to contact them and discuss the options you raise. Perhaps email first and then ask for sort of a zoom or teams interview.
Sounds good. All the best

Strunge29

Apr 10, 2023
Hello. Please I was wondering if you could tell me a little about how your situation was. I am so sorry to ask you again but it would really help me approach my own situation better if i knew yours was similar to what i am currently in. Please are you able to share this with me. Or you can PM me if that works for you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As the headline makes clear, I moved to a different province to accept work while still under PNP nomination in another province and before the granting of PR. The nominating province found out. they have asked me to provide evidence that i am still resident in their province. They want DV license and Health care card (I can provide those, I still have them) they also want evidence of lease or purchase or rental accommodation. I currently don't have that. Again they want my bank info for the last 3 months. I understand this could be serious. My question is:

how screwed am I?

For contest, I was an international student in the province and graduated and applied for PNP. I stayed for 8 months where I passionately search for jobs moving across three cities in the province to look for employment. However, the thing is I am hearing impaired and this makes employers super reluctant to hire me. Unless I hide my disability during job competition i never ever get hired. After i got hired and revealed my disability i would be let go by my employer within a short time.

This became a pattern so much so that I came near destitution and could hardly meet basic necessities like my rent bills and even for a short while, daily meals. I also did not qualify for unemployment income in the province since I hadn't work long enough to qualify. The maximum i could be allowed to last in job was a month or two. in my desperation, I applied and got hired by an organization outside the province. I know I should have alert the PNP province and ask for my nomination to be withdrawn. For some reason I simply can't fathom, it did not occur to me to do that - maybe because in my mind I was still a resident of the province. Which is why i retained my healthcare card and drivers license and did not exchange them for those of the province i have been working

Now the PNP nominating province has found out and now wants me to prove I reside in their province failing that they will contact IRCC and have them withdraw the nomination. I understand that this could land me in real trouble with IRCC.

My additional questions are:

1. At this moment can I ask the PNP nominee province to let me voluntarily withdraw my PNP-sponsored PR application?
  2. Can I ask IRCC to let me do the same, that is let me withdraw my PR application?

3. How likely are both to agree to this?
  4. If I decide to move back to the province and quit my job will this all go away?
  5. What is the worst scenario i am facing?

Thank you all in advance for your responses
If you are not living in the province don’t submit your health card or DV fromthat province. You should have already applied for new ones in your new province. Submitting the cards as proof of your residency in that province will be proof of fraud. IRCC already knows you don’t live in the province so best to be honest versus try to lie to them. If you haven’t applied for a new HC especially you need to because the old province will only cover your costs for the first 3 months. After that thry will refuse to reimburse the new province for any healthcare you use and the new province can go after you for the costs.

You best option will likely to withdraw your application if you no longer qualify for PNP. Do you have a valid WP that isn’t associated with the PNP process? When dies it expire? Honesty and apology is the best option. IRCC already has caught you living and working in another province.

Strunge29

Apr 10, 2023
If you are not living in the province don’t submit your health card or DV fromthat province. You should have already applied for new ones in your new province. Submitting the cards as proof of your residency in that province will be proof of fraud. IRCC already knows you don’t live in the province so best to be honest versus try to lie to them. If you haven’t applied for a new HC especially you need to because the old province will only cover your costs for the first 3 months. After that thry will refuse to reimburse the new province for any healthcare you use and the new province can go after you for the costs.

You best option will likely to withdraw your application if you no longer qualify for PNP. Do you have a valid WP that isn’t associated with the PNP process? When dies it expire? Honesty and apology is the best option. IRCC already has caught you living and working in another province.

I haven't applied for health card or dvl at the province i now reside. I still use my old cards. However I don't drive. So i have had no use for the driver license. I don't owe a car and don't use my company car also. When i used the hospital here last month, I paid from pocket, I don't use the province's health care card although my cureent employment offers me health insurance. I have eschewed from using that also As I said, i still maintain interest in the old province. have never meant to leave completely. I was forced to move here becaus of work. No company wanted to hire me or kepp me for long. My hearing can be a bit serious I admit. Thank you so much for you suggestion. very much appreciated.

sorry i forgot to answer all your questions.: I have an open work permit expires April next year. please what do you think are my chances of being allowed to withdraw versus they coming after me?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I haven't applied for health card or dvl at the province i now reside. I still use my old cards. However I don't drive. So i have had no use for the driver license. I don't owe a car and don't use my company car also. When i used the hospital here last month, I paid from pocket, I don't use the province's health care card although my cureent employment offers me health insurance. I have eschewed from using that also As I said, i still maintain interest in the old province. have never meant to leave completely. I was forced to move here becaus of work. No company wanted to hire me or kepp me for long. My hearing can be a bit serious I admit. Thank you so much for you suggestion. very much appreciated.

sorry i forgot to answer all your questions.: I have an open work permit expires April next year. please what do you think are my chances of being allowed to withdraw versus they coming after me?
Why are you paying for healthcare out of pocket if you qualify for a health care? Was this due to the pnp application? If so, you were aware that you didn’t qualify for pnp and hoped you didn’t get caught before you got Pr or in the future especially during citizenship applications when you could also get caught. Your health insurance through work is likely dependent on you having provincial insurance. There are residency requirements associated with having valid provincial health card so if you are not living in that province your health. Living without valid health insurance is not a good idea. Hopefully you never have a medical emergency but if you had one you wouldn’t want to be responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Based on anecdotal responses being honest about your error and apologizing and withdrawing your application is likely the best option. I am not an immigration lawyer. How long have you been living and working outside the province? A month is very different than 6 months for example.

Reactions: Taran D

Strunge29

Apr 10, 2023
Why are you paying for healthcare out of pocket if you qualify for a health care? Was this due to the pnp application? If so, you were aware that you didn’t qualify for pnp and hoped you didn’t get caught before you got Pr or in the future especially during citizenship applications when you could also get caught. Your health insurance through work is likely dependent on you having provincial insurance. There are residency requirements associated with having valid provincial health card so if you are not living in that province your health. Living without valid health insurance is not a good idea. Hopefully you never have a medical emergency but if you had one you wouldn’t want to be responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Based on anecdotal responses being honest about your error and apologizing and withdrawing your application is likely the best option. I am not an immigration lawyer. How long have you been living and working outside the province? A month is very different than 6 months for example.
I am sorry that I wasn't clear earlier. I actually never thought I was violating PNP. It never actually crossed my mind. i have been here since last august. As i said it did not occur that i was violating something. And frankly i don't know why it did not occur to me. i would have bolted out of here the moment I realized I was braking the law. i am even thinking of quitting my job and going back to my pnp province if it could solve my problem. You see one reason i can think of why I didn't consider that i may be doing something wrong was perhaps because of the way i was treated by employers in my pnp province. man, as soon as I revealed that i have a hearing disability, I knew I was doomed. and true true, in just a few weeks I will be let go. i even have an employer who told me that i need to improve on my communication and until I can do that they couldn't work with me. The job he said was still there and i could come for it once i had improved my communication. Lol. He knew i was hearing impaired. I had even purchased a 4000 CAD hearing aid. How more could I improve my communication? No I did not exchew collecting the healh card because i thought it will violate my pnp or something. It just never ocurred to me. Other than my hearing, i am quite in good physical and medical shape. But i thank you for suggesting that i get one, it is true it may come in handy. i think my old habit from my orginal country is still with me. There you pay for everything. The concept of health care card is a bit alien if I should use that word. If i understand what you mean, being here since august doesn't look good for me?

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Hello. Please I was wondering if you could tell me a little about how your situation was. I am so sorry to ask you again but it would really help me approach my own situation better if i knew yours was similar to what i am currently in. Please are you able to share this with me. Or you can PM me if that works for you
There is nothing wrong in withdrawing applications and applying again, at least in normal circumstances. Maybe lawyer would be able to draft a good letter. If you asked for withdrawal earlier, it would be fine, but now it may be sus.
If I am not mistaken, you are able to withdraw any kind of application at any time, but in your case now, not sure if it would have a negative impact on your future applications. Experienced lawyer would be preferred

I had application under Express entry with PNP nomination. Processing took long, ordered gcms notes and saw that officer think I haven’t fulfilled work requirements (they were wrong). Sent webform with additional info and proof (citing websites) that states that I am eligible. But never heard back from them and I decided to try different stream which doesn’t require work experience.

Sent an email to bc pnp, asked them to withdrew nomination as I am planning to apply again. They send me some form I think, single doc or something, I filled it, sent back and asked them to let me know when it’s withdrawn, because you cant have two nominations from the same province active at the same time.
In the meantime I sent ircc email to withdraw my federal application.

Haven’t heard from BC PNP but I email them asking if my withdrawal is processed as I want to apply again. They told me to go ahead with new application.
So I applied again for BC pnp nomination, got approved, then applied for bc pnp non-express entry.
5 months later, IRCC confirmed my EE application was withdrawn

Last edited:

Strunge29

Apr 10, 2023
There is nothing wrong in withdrawing applications and applying again. Sorry, haven’t got time to read whole thread.

I had application under Express entry with PNP nomination. Processing took long, ordered gcms notes and saw that officer think I haven’t fulfilled work requirements (they were wrong). Sent webform with additional info and proof (citing websites) that states that I am eligible. But never heard back from them and I decided to try different stream which doesn’t require work experience.

Sent an email to bc pnp, asked them to withdrew nomination as I am planning to apply again. They send me some form I think, single doc or something, I filled it, sent back and asked them to let me know when it’s withdrawn, because you cant have two nominations from the same province active at the same time.
In the meantime I sent ircc email to withdraw my federal application.

Haven’t heard from BC PNP but I email them asking if my withdrawal is processed as I want to apply again. They told me to go ahead with new application.
So I applied again for BC pnp nomination, got approved, then applied for bc pnp non-express entry.
5 months later, IRCC confirmed my EE application was withdrawn
Thank you so much. i think i may have a bit different situation than yours. What happened in my case was, I got my nomination and applied for PR with that. but because of difficulty securing work I took a position out of the province that nominated me. this seemed to violate the PNP requirement to remain in the nominating province, find work there, and reside there permanently. If I may asked were you accused of being in violation of your PNP?