+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I missed my Citizenship test, can I provide my good reason by enquiry form?

nope

Oct 3, 2015
We had nothing. We answered her questions, agreed that she would check on our border records, and waited to see what her decision would be. During the 16 months in question my wife had first been a student, and then been pregnant, so we would have been able to demonstrate her presence in a couple of ways, if necessary. It wasn't, a month after the interview her status changed to Decision Made.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
nkam said:
Hi Nope,

Can you please expand on what happened in your wife case to make up for the missing 16 months? What did CIC ask for to be satisfied?
I really don't think that Passport gaps are all that uncommon. Several people who don't have travelling habits will simply not renovate their passports once expired. I have two friends in this situation. Both of them just had to formally explain they did not have interest in renovating their passport. Both have their Oath scheduled already.

Obviously losing a passport is a different level of red flag. But CIC can make sure of the physical presence through CBSA and FOIA, so, again, I don't believe it is the end of the world. Yes, it will provoke some delay. You will just have to be patient.

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
For the benefit of others in similar situation:

I contacted CIC by phone several times before lapse of 30 days;
I wrote detailed letter and attached medical report that I had a surgical procedures and post operation complications. The letter sent by Fedex reached before the lapse of 30 days with CIC signature.
The same letter was also sent by Canada Post signed for; and
Raised case specific enquiry.
The outcome, I received a nasty letter from CIC saying that I have not got in touch and given me final notice to appear in 2 days!!! ::) :-X
In the interview I explained to teh officer and she did not have a clue. She said only because I wrote that much, we gave you another notice otherwise, we would have closed your file. really no clue!!