+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I missed my Citizenship interview

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Hi.

Unfortunately, I missed my interview time.
What happens to my application and the interview?

What do I need to do

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I would immediately contact them and let them know that you were not able to make it for XYZ reason and you would like to reschedule it. Try contacting them by replying to the e-mail that the sent you the interview request or use the test e-mail. If that doesn't work, call IRCC

Things happen and people miss interviews because of health, child care falling through, work etc... Let them know ASAP that you want to reschedule and ensure you make it to the next one!

Reactions: linxord and A_S

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I emailed them and sent a webform
No response from them
I can't get through phone number
If you're in the eastern half of the country (Ontario and east of Ontario), it seems to go thru faster early in the morning local time, for westerners closer to evening seems to work better.

Usually takes 5-10 attemps in a 2-3 hour window and you'll likely get thru to the phone agent.

SVK21

Aug 30, 2021
I emailed them and sent a webform
No response from them
I can't get through phone number
I missed the interview and emailed them with proper reason. Its been 2 months now, I hadn't been called back. I had a thought that they call back in 15 days or so, but no luck.

dodgeram12

Dec 6, 2022
I missed my time yesterday and have sent an email to the email id that invite came from and submitted the webform.. waiting to hear back..
Please share your updates..