+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Mailed the Canadian Citizenship to the Wrong Address

Violet_T

Apr 20, 2020
Hi,

I mailed my Canadian citizenship application to the wrong address due to confusion via the Canada Post, XPost. I realized that I have made mistakes a few hours later but it seemed to be too late. I supposed to mail my application to
Regular: Courier:
Case Processing Centre-Sydney Case Processing Centre-Sydney
P.O. Box 7000 49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS Sydney, NS
B1P 6V6 B1P 5Z2

Instead of mailing it to the address on the above, I mailed it to
IRCC Case Processing CAF - Citizenship
Box 8200
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 0G7

I called the Canada Post customer representative the next morning, explained that I wrote the wrong address and provided the correct address on call. The rep was nice and tried to help, he provided me the Canadian Anti Fraude number and gave me the reference number so that I can intercept the item. I called the number he gave me, however, it was closed. I made a second call to the Canada Post to ask that maybe the number I am looking for is the one from the Canadian Armed Force not the anti-fraud, however, the second rep was quite aggressive and told me there were no such things. He also said there is no guarantee that the receiver would send it back, it's up to them and he did not know estimate time if the item is returned. He told me if it was a fraud, I can call the police and they can stop the process. In the end, I just couldn't stand the call and didn't appreciate how the rep treated customers.

At this point, I don't know what to do, I am hoping that the Canadian Armed Force - Citizenship Centre would either return it back or send it to the grant office as I heard they are quite close to one another.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I mailed my Canadian citizenship application to the wrong address due to confusion via the Canada Post, XPost. I realized that I have made mistakes a few hours later but it seemed to be too late. I supposed to mail my application to
Sydney, NS Sydney, NS
B1P 6V6 B1P 5Z2

Box 8200
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 0G7

I called the Canada Post customer representative the next morning, explained that I wrote the wrong address and provided the correct address on call. The rep was nice and tried to help, he provided me the Canadian Anti Fraude number and gave me the reference number so that I can intercept the item. I called the number he gave me, however, it was closed. I made a second call to the Canada Post to ask that maybe the number I am looking for is the one from the Canadian Armed Force not the anti-fraud, however, the second rep was quite aggressive and told me there were no such things. He also said there is no guarantee that the receiver would send it back, it's up to them and he did not know estimate time if the item is returned. He told me if it was a fraud, I can call the police and they can stop the process. In the end, I just couldn't stand the call and didn't appreciate how the rep treated customers.

At this point, I don't know what to do, I am hoping that the Canadian Armed Force - Citizenship Centre would either return it back or send it to the grant office as I heard they are quite close to one another.
Ouch! Sorry about that.

Is there any update on this situation? Was the application package returned back to you ?

Reactions: Violet_T

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
Hi,

Sydney, NS Sydney, NS
B1P 6V6 B1P 5Z2

Box 8200
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 0G7

Hi,

What came of it? I have done a similar mistake and sent a courier to the Regular mail (PO box) address instead of the Courier address that IRCC mentioned in their letter to me. How did you get through this?

Thanks!

Reactions: Violet_T

Violet_T

Apr 20, 2020
Ouch! Sorry about that.

Is there any update on this situation? Was the application package returned back to you ?

No actually, I haven't heard or got anything back yet. Hopefully they would manage and resend the document to the immigration for me. Have a nice day

Violet_T

Apr 20, 2020
Hi,

What came of it? I have done a similar mistake and sent a courier to the Regular mail (PO box) address instead of the Courier address that IRCC mentioned in their letter to me. How did you get through this?

Thanks!
Hi,
I have seen few articles about people sending it to the reguar and the courier addresses, they said it's pretty much the same destination at the end of the day. It's just the matter of the time, many said courier mail can be a bit faster whereas regular might be a bit longer. In my case, I mailed it to a complete different place so I think you might be able to contact the post office and ask them (I did that but they coun't help much). It was challenging so I ended up mailing a whole new document and I haven't heard back due to COVID19 which is understandble.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi

Canada post goes to regular address

Fedex, ups, purolator uses courier address

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I think you should not be so much worried!

they are same recipients. Just that at courier sometimes they need someone to sign/stamp so they might have infra to support that, whereas regular can just be dropped in a box.

Keep events posted if you get updates so others can understand