+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I made a mistake in citizenship form & delivered to Sydney

FrodonSBK

Feb 28, 2018
Hi friends,
I have a similar case, I was in a sick leave for 2 months but hasn’t mentioned it since I was still working for the same company

I have already received AOR ! Some people told me to wait for interview !

FrodonSBK

Feb 28, 2018
Hi friends,
I have a similar case, I was in a sick leave for 2 months but hasn’t mentioned it since I was still working for the same company

I have already received AOR ! Some people told me to wait for interview !
What is the best thing to do ?

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
You were still employed during those 2 months, right ? If true, and you didn't leave any gaps in your timeline on the table, then IMO, it should be fine.

You do have the option of using the webform, after getting AOR, to correct the mistake, but probably not necessary. Your call.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

REMEMBER: If you don’t leave any GAP in five years period then it is ok also if Cic contact to Cra they only check did you file your tax file or not

So as long as you submit your tax file as per your form what you said

You are perfectly fine

No worries you will get your AOR soon if you get then means you are fine

Thanks

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
REMEMBER: If you don’t leave any GAP in five years period then it is ok also if Cic contact to Cra they only check did you file your tax file or not

So as long as you submit your tax file as per your form what you said

You are perfectly fine

No worries you will get your AOR soon if you get then means you are fine

Thanks

Agree

Messy747

Nov 2, 2013
I made a mistake in my citizenship application and am not so nervous. I handed my documents to Canadapost yesterday and they must be on their way to Sydney. I just remembered that I forgot to list in my application a short-term address that I had during the last five years. I resided in Montreal the entire period. However, during a short period, I had a residence in Ottawa as well (due to my work-from-distance job in Ottawa). I used my Ottawa address in my ExpressEntry application. Now, in my citizenship application, I have included only my Montreal address. I don't know what to do and I don't want the officer to think that I purposefully didn't disclose that information. What do you think I should do?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I made a mistake in my citizenship application and am not so nervous. I handed my documents to Canadapost yesterday and they must be on their way to Sydney. I just remembered that I forgot to list in my application a short-term address that I had during the last five years. I resided in Montreal the entire period. However, during a short period, I had a residence in Ottawa as well (due to my work-from-distance job in Ottawa). I used my Ottawa address in my ExpressEntry application. Now, in my citizenship application, I have included only my Montreal address. I don't know what to do and I don't want the officer to think that I purposefully didn't disclose that information. What do you think I should do?
Well, since you've sent your file already, there is nothing much you can do.

What you can do later (once you receive AOR) is raise a webform request and report that you've missed an address and provide the address that you missed and period you stayed there.

Good luck.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Guys , please share your experience
I have send my citizenship applications together with 2 minor to CPC -Sydney, NS last week and delivered 23rd March by Canada post . Today I realized mistakes happened Color of Eyes : BLACK instead of Brown ( as per PR) and my height: 172 cm instead of 175Cm. Kindly help me what the best option for me to correct ! Thank you in advance

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Guys , please share your experience
I have send my citizenship applications together with 2 minor to CPC -Sydney, NS last week and delivered 23rd March by Canada post . Today I realized mistakes happened Color of Eyes : BLACK instead of Brown ( as per PR) and my height: 172 cm instead of 175Cm. Kindly help me what the best option for me to correct ! Thank you in advance
No need to correct anything it will be fine