+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I LOST MY FOREIGN PASSPORT WITH CANADIAN VISA. What I need to do now? I already got report from police.

elkin

Mar 23, 2022
Hi, i lost my passpoet with student visa. I already got report from police. I'm planning to get new passport from my country's embassy. So next step supposed to apply for new trv right? or first i should apply for new study permit then trv? I will be avoided to leave country after getting new stamp. If anyone has experience, or lots his/her passport then applied to trv and got new stamp. Thanks.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, i lost my passpoet with student visa. I already got report from police. I'm planning to get new passport from my country's embassy. So next step supposed to apply for new trv right? or first i should apply for new study permit then trv? I will be avoided to leave country after getting new stamp. If anyone has experience, or lots his/her passport then applied to trv and got new stamp. Thanks.
Once you renew your passport, fill IMM 5009 Replacement of immigration record/VOS, pay fee and mail to
Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document
Operations Support Centre (OSC)
P.O. Box 8784 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5J3

Reactions: wonderbly

elkin

Mar 23, 2022
Once you renew your passport, fill IMM 5009 Replacement of immigration record/VOS, pay fee and mail to
Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document
Operations Support Centre (OSC)
P.O. Box 8784 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5J3
So i dont need to get new study permit right?

elkin

Mar 23, 2022
Yes attach the police report.
Sorry, can't give you a timeline.
Hi again, i do have 3 semesters left. It will be ended in next year( may). I will get my passport next month. So i will apply for a work permit and work visa. Am i supposed to apply trv? Cuz lets consider i will get a trv in august and i need apply for work permit after 6 months. And during 6 months i do have classes as well. So do i need to apply for a trv now? I dont think so