+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i know impatient

I

iarblue

Yeah it seems there is no rhyme or reason to their replys but seriously i would just stay and wait.Like i said im pretty sure at this point they will not know your out of status and if anyone said anything i would say well i sent in my passport for the visa to be attached and i thought it would be back before i was out of status.
I myself wouldnt worry,wait see if you get a reply and if not just stay wait for it your so close now.
Also scrool down the threads yesterday there was a thread posted with local MP offices ( a link to them ) i would call them tuesday and tell them your situation they will call the visa office and get an answer for you within a day or two.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
iarblue said:
Yeah it seems there is no rhyme or reason to their replys but seriously i would just stay and wait.Like i said im pretty sure at this point they will not know your out of status and if anyone said anything i would say well i sent in my passport for the visa to be attached and i thought it would be back before i was out of status.
I myself wouldnt worry,wait see if you get a reply and if not just stay wait for it your so close now.
Also scrool down the threads yesterday there was a thread posted with local MP offices ( a link to them ) i would call them tuesday and tell them your situation they will call the visa office and get an answer for you within a day or two.
Tuesday? is tomorrow a holiday?

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NYCtoNB said:
Tuesday? is tomorrow a holiday?
Yes. It's Victoria Day.

BTW, I'd recommend getting a passport card if you think you may always need to be able to enter the U.S. on short notice, since (as far as I know) you can keep the card with you while you're sending the book off to be renewed, and vice versa.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
YorkFactory said:
Yes. It's Victoria Day.

BTW, I'd recommend getting a passport card if you think you may always need to be able to enter the U.S. on short notice, since (as far as I know) you can keep the card with you while you're sending the book off to be renewed, and vice versa.
yeah i was going to get one when i had to replace the passport cp lost but i couldn't afford it once this is all over and i can work i plan on getting a lot of very simple things like a drivers license and a pp card
its funny how big little things seem when you have something stopping you from do them

I

iarblue

5.27. Legal temporary resident status in Canada
Under the current Regulations, applicants in this spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
must have a valid temporary resident status on the date of application and on the date they
receive permanent resident status to be eligible to be members of the class.
However, under the spousal policy, applicants who lack status as defined under the public policy
(see “What is lack of status under the public policy” below) may be granted permanent residence
so long as they meet all the other requirements of the class (i.e., they are not inadmissible for
reasons other than “lack of status.”)
However, applicants who do not have temporary resident status and who cannot be granted
positive consideration under the public policy can be removed at any time. Further, the spousal
policy does not change the requirement to seek necessary authorization to visit Canada or to
work or study here.
What is “lack of status” under the public policy?
For the purposes of the current public policy, persons with a “lack of status” refers to those in the
following situations:
• persons who have overstayed a visa, visitor record, work permit, student permit or temporary
resident permit;
• persons who have worked or studied without being authorized to do so as prescribed by the
Act;
• persons who have entered Canada without a visa or other document required by the
Regulations;
• persons who have entered Canada without a valid passport or travel document (provided
valid documents are acquired by the time CIC seeks to grant permanent residence).

maybe this can help you make a decision if you go or stay .this says you can stay.but yes you still dont have your id so hope it helps you.

CeeGee

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Thanks iarblue--that discussion helped me to keep in mind to file for my extension in July, if I haven't gotten an approval, as my Visitor Record expires in early September. Everyone's discussion helps multiple people reading the posts on this forum. Thanks everyone!

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
lmfao after all of that it showed up today. glad this served as a reminder to you CG and not just the stress catching up with me

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
NYCtoNB said:
lmfao after all of that it showed up today. glad this served as a reminder to you CG and not just the stress catching up with me
Phew, now you can go out to DINNER with your hubby ;)

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
lol he actually said the same thing i believe we will be dinning at the pub tonight

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
NYCtoNB said:
lol he actually said the same thing i believe we will be dinning at the pub tonight

...and having an adult beverage or two to celebrate, I'm sure.
:p

grettta

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2010
LANDED..........
22-06-2010
NYCtoNB said:
Yay! Congratulations! :)

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
NYCtoNB said:

OOooooo great news!!