+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I, in BC, working remotely for a company based in ON - What work address to specify?

koxruz

Mar 27, 2023
I am in BC and work remotely for a company in ON. What should I specify as the work address for my company in my Citizenship application?
Is it safe to put my company's ON address in there and specify remote?

Interestingly, my T4 has a different address than the location where my team is; the department that deals with finances is in a different city. Should I still stick to the original address of where my team resides in ON?

To be specific, referring to Q11 of cit0002

I am wondering under work history, what address should I put for my current role?
1) Address of where my team resides
2) Address that's on my T4
3) My home address because I work from home

Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in BC and work remotely for a company in ON. What should I specify as the work address for my company in my Citizenship application?
Your home address would be your work address if you work from home. If your rent an office space then list the address of your office space. If you need to state your employer’s address that would be the ON address.

koxruz

Mar 27, 2023
Your home address would be your work address if you work from home. If your rent an office space then list the address of your office space. If you need to state your employer’s address that would be the ON address.
So in Q11, just to confirm, I'd specify the employer's address in ON?

Also I don't understand how come home address would be work address if I work from home? They're two different things

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
So in Q11, just to confirm, I'd specify the employer's address in ON?

Also I don't understand how come home address would be work address if I work from home? They're two different things
Technically you are working from home, you don't go to an office to do your work. You stay at home and do your office work. That is why your home address is your office address.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
By home address, you are not referring to the residential address, are you? Cause it won't make sense. If by home address you mean the address to put under Work History for this company, yes it makes sense. So regardless of whether you work remotely, the company's original address goes in there, right?
Have you been working in the office? No.
Where have you been working from? Your home.
So its your work space.
Rest is your wish, technically it goes like this.

amit1508

Sep 12, 2017
Could you kindly share your experience with us? Specifically, how have you effectively showcased your workplace

Interestingly, my T4 has a different address than the location where my team is; the department that deals with finances is in a different city. Should I still stick to the original address of where my team resides in ON?

To be specific, referring to Q11 of cit0002

I am wondering under work history, what address should I put for my current role?
1) Address of where my team resides
2) Address that's on my T4
3) My home address because I work from home

Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69