+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I haven't received a Biometric Instruction Letter yet

walidaud

Jun 2, 2017
Hey everyone,

I submitted my online application on March 23rd. I received a message on myCIC informing me that I must pay the biometric fee and I did. I uploaded the receipt as they stated. This was on May 10th.
I login on May 20th and see on status that i must provide my Biometrics and to see the messages below for more details. There is no new message. I checked with my CVAC and they say that I need a Biometric Instruction Letter for them to take my fingerprints and photographs. I tried to call the visa office and they said I must submit an email. I did that and so far I haven't received an answer. I'm becoming pretty anxious here and I'm not sure what to do now.

Note: I live in Accra (not Ghanaian) if that helps.

MuhammadTalha

Jun 25, 2018
Hey everyone,

I submitted my online application on March 23rd. I received a message on myCIC informing me that I must pay the biometric fee and I did. I uploaded the receipt as they stated. This was on May 10th.
I login on May 20th and see on status that i must provide my Biometrics and to see the messages below for more details. There is no new message. I checked with my CVAC and they say that I need a Biometric Instruction Letter for them to take my fingerprints and photographs. I tried to call the visa office and they said I must submit an email. I did that and so far I haven't received an answer. I'm becoming pretty anxious here and I'm not sure what to do now.

when did you get your biometric letter?? i am also facing same issue,,its been more than two weeks ,i applied online and no biometrics letter yet..

SRaqib97

Jun 26, 2018
when did you get your biometric letter?? i am also facing same issue,,its been more than two weeks ,i applied online and no biometrics letter yet..
Well what happened bro?
same thing here. I have not received BIL after 2 weeks of submitting my online application for study permit.
Pls update me. thx

MuhammadTalha

Jun 25, 2018
Well what happened bro?
same thing here. I have not received BIL after 2 weeks of submitting my online application for study permit.
Pls update me. thx
Applied on 9th june..and I received biometric on 28 june..no worries now a days bil is taking time to generate..j

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Applied on 9th june..and I received biometric on 28 june..no worries now a days bil is taking time to generate..j
36 minutes ago
Hi. My lawyer applied my application in canada online on 25 June, he just pay the visa processing fee online. I have 3 questions.
1- so far i have not received biometric instruction letter. Its taking too much time. May be it is because my lawyer did not paid the fee ???

2- can my lawyer pay the fee online now or i will have to wait for biometeic instruction letter then i will pay the fee by myself at VAC in paksitan?

3- does CIC issue biometric instruction letter without paying the fee ?

Im worried because my process haven't started. Its been 3 weeks

MuhammadTalha

Jun 25, 2018
36 minutes ago
Hi. My lawyer applied my application in canada online on 25 June, he just pay the visa processing fee online. I have 3 questions.
1- so far i have not received biometric instruction letter. Its taking too much time. May be it is because my lawyer did not paid the fee ???

2- can my lawyer pay the fee online now or i will have to wait for biometeic instruction letter then i will pay the fee by myself at VAC in paksitan?

Hello,
1.the online study permit fees is $150 and biometric fee is $85 is if your lawyer paid $235 in total then he paid your biometric fee so dont
worry about it.
2.I am not sure but i think you go VAC and ask about your problem..
3.Not sure. But login into your CIC account and select appication details on the left bottom side you can download your payment receipt in pdf
format and you can verify either he paid your fee or not.. again if he paid $235 the you are good wait for letter..Mine letter had come in around 20 days.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
36 minutes ago

Hello,
1.the online study permit fees is $150 and biometric fee is $85 is if your lawyer paid $235 in total then he paid your biometric fee so dont
worry about it.
2.I am not sure but i think you go VAC and ask about your problem..
3.Not sure. But login into your CIC account and select appication details on the left bottom side you can download your payment receipt in pdf
format and you can verify either he paid your fee or not.. again if he paid $235 the you are good wait for letter..Mine letter had come in around 20 days.
No i asked my lawyer he have not paid the biometric fee. He said you will pay it at VAC. I called VAC today they said it must be paid online for Online applicants. How my lawyer pay the fee now? Since i know that we need ro submit payemnt recipt also to IRCC

MuhammadTalha

Jun 25, 2018
Hi,
I would say call cic and ask them...but also try to login your account and see if there is any option to pay biometric fee if there is then use visa card to pay your fee online..

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
36 minutes ago

No i asked my lawyer he have not paid the biometric fee. He said you will pay it at VAC. I called VAC today they said it must be paid online for Online applicants. How my lawyer pay the fee now? Since i know that we need ro submit payemnt recipt also to IRCC
Which country is your passport from? The way it should work is the during your application online it will calculate the charge depending on the country you selected, so if your country needs biometric it should have charged your. So either you don't need biometric or your lawyer chose the wrong country when applying.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Which country is your passport from? The way it should work is the during your application online it will calculate the charge depending on the country you selected, so if your country needs biometric it should have charged your. So either you don't need biometric or your lawyer chose the wrong country when applying.
Hi. Thanks for reply. My lawyer paid the biometric fee and send a CSE case specific inquiry with receipt attachment.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hey everyone,

How did you submit the biometric receipt after payment. My consultant paid the biometric fee and upload it with case specific enquiry CSE. Actually he forgot to pay the Biometric fee woth visa application online. He paid now and submit it with CSE and also he sent email to high comission in our country

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
What I dont understand is how can you forget to pay the fee if it is required in the first place? Maybe I am missing something. Are you guys sure you need biometric?

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
What I dont understand is how can you forget to pay the fee if it is required in the first place? Maybe I am missing something. Are you guys sure you need biometric?
Yes i need biometric. Unfortunately my lawyer forgot to pay fee along with an application. Now after 3 weeks i aksed him have you paid fee. He said no you will pay at VAC. Then i called VAC they said online applicant must pay it online not at VAC. So he paid the fee yesterday and upload it with CSE sase specific enquiry. Hopefully IRCC will receive it soon. Fingers crossed

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes i need biometric. Unfortunately my lawyer forgot to pay fee along with an application. Now after 3 weeks i aksed him have you paid fee. He said no you will pay at VAC. Then i called VAC they said online applicant must pay it online not at VAC. So he paid the fee yesterday and upload it with CSE sase specific enquiry. Hopefully IRCC will receive it soon. Fingers crossed
But the website calculates the cost automatically and shows the total amount required doesnt it? How did he manage to pay less? Maybe Im wrong though I will try when I get a chance.

MemMoh

May 23, 2017

Similar thing happened with me. I didn't forget but there was simply no option to pay the biometric fee, there was only an option for the application fee so I paid this. How did your lawyer go back and pay it?