+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have valid Visitors Visa but TRV is expired, now I am outside Canada so what to do in this case?

Jun 25, 2019
Hi,

I have valid visitors visa till April 2021. But I traveled to India in Feb 2019 due to some unavoidable reasons, now my TRV stamp on passport has expired. To travel back to Canada I should have the new TRV stamp on my passport. So can somebody help me to know the process to extend the TRV if we already have valid Visitors permit with us?

Thanks,
Shital

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but your post makes no sense in that as long as you have a multiple entry visit visa valid to 4/2021 then you can travel to Canada as many times as you like and will be assessed afresh by CBSA on each entry. Are you referring to a dated stamp entered by CBSA in your passport authorising the length of your stay when you entered Canada ? You cannot of course live in Canada as a visitor so assume you are either on a work or study permit alongside a TRV authorised stay..

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
When did you actually first enter Canada? There is no way you were allowed to stay until April 2021. That's not what the expiry date on a visitor visa means.

Officially, a visitor visa refers to the same thing as a TRV.

You're confusing a lot of things here. Actually, yeah, the entire post is confusing and does not make any sense at all.