+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have to do my first landing but I will be going back to Dubai

Dec 8, 2017
Hi all,

I got my immigrant visa through express entry and I have to do my first landing before October 2018. My plan is to do my landing, provide them with a Candian address and then fly back to Dubai and return permanently after 8 to 9 months. However I was talking to a family friend who informed me that you cannot mail the PR via courier because it is illegal. In addition there could also arise the issue of incorrect photograph specs due to which I will have to re take the photos. But if I am not present in Canada how can I? Does anyone have a similar experience?

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Hi Marwan, I was in the exact situation with my application. I live in Dubai as well and I did my landing 4 months back with my family in Toronto. We were thinking about coming back to Dubai and then ask someone to courier it to us when the cards reach, but yes it's illegal to courier your cards but many people have done it. So it's the mattre of luck. But the I decided to leave my wife in Canada and come back to Dubai as I still have a job here. We didn't want to take any chances. Also yes sometimes they need photos as the ones might not be correct but we didn't have to go through that. It took a month to get the cards from the data we landed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I got my immigrant visa through express entry and I have to do my first landing before October 2018. My plan is to do my landing, provide them with a Candian address and then fly back to Dubai and return permanently after 8 to 9 months. However I was talking to a family friend who informed me that you cannot mail the PR via courier because it is illegal. In addition there could also arise the issue of incorrect photograph specs due to which I will have to re take the photos. But if I am not present in Canada how can I? Does anyone have a similar experience?
Hi

It is not illegal to mail PR cards. If there is a problem with your card being issued, you can apply for a PRTD to return to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Marwan, I was in the exact situation with my application. I live in Dubai as well and I did my landing 4 months back with my family in Toronto. We were thinking about coming back to Dubai and then ask someone to courier it to us when the cards reach, but yes it's illegal to courier your cards but many people have done it. So it's the mattre of luck. But the I decided to leave my wife in Canada and come back to Dubai as I still have a job here. We didn't want to take any chances. Also yes sometimes they need photos as the ones might not be correct but we didn't have to go through that. It took a month to get the cards from the data we landed.
Do not provide wrong information. It is NOT illegal to mail a PR card.