+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have received a job offer from a company I did not apply to

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hello dear all,

I just received a job offer from (Sanielle Finance INC.), which is based in Montreal. I have never heard of this company, and I did not apply to any of their jobs. I tried to google it and they have a website and they are a real registered insurance company, but I couldn't find any reviews about it.
Even in major job boards like indeed and workpolis and even LinkedIn, there is no mention of this company!

Anyone have an idea? or have heard or worked for this company!

I need help plz.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Hanan22 said:
Hello dear all,

I just received a job offer from (Sanielle Finance INC.), which is based in Montreal. I have never heard of this company, and I did not apply to any of their jobs. I tried to google it and they have a website and they are a real registered insurance company, but I couldn't find any reviews about it.
Even in major job boards like indeed and workpolis and even LinkedIn, there is no mention of this company!

I need help plz.
Sounds like a scam.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hanan22 said:
Hello dear all,

I need help plz.
Question - How did you get the job offer without applying?
It can happen than the company shows interest after going through your profile on JOb sites and linkdin.

IF they have directly offered you a job without interview (too good to be true)
if they have shown interest that they wanna interview and such (than you should go for it nothing to lose there).

Good luck

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
anarsoul said:
Sounds like a scam.
thank you. Yes I feel that but if it is scam, how come it is registered and active company on the government of Canada Corporations Canada webpage!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanan22 said:
thank you. Yes I feel that but if it is scam, how come it is registered and active company on the government of Canada Corporations Canada webpage!
How did the job offer come to you? Via email? Does the email address match the format from their official website?

I'd suggest that it is a 'smarter than your average' scam.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
kirtivsingh said:
Question - How did you get the job offer without applying?
It can happen than the company shows interest after going through your profile on JOb sites and linkdin.

IF they have directly offered you a job without interview (too good to be true)
if they have shown interest that they wanna interview and such (than you should go for it nothing to lose there).

Good luck
I am not sure how but I am sure I didn't apply and even if I did, I am sure they didn't interview me!

in their email, they sent me the employment agreement and asked for a scanned copy of my ID.
and they asked to call me tomorrow to talk about the job and answer my questions.
no mention to any interview.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hanan22 said:
I am not sure how but I am sure I didn't apply and even if I did, I am sure they didn't interview me!

in their email, they sent me the employment agreement and asked for a scanned copy of my ID.
and they asked to call me tomorrow to talk about the job and answer my questions.
It looks like a scam. IN no circumstance send your ID etc.
Don't share any personal information.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanan22 said:

If you are still in doubt, call them - quickest way to get a straight answer.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
ozlis said:
How did the job offer come to you? Via email? Does the email address match the format from their official website?

I'd suggest that it is a 'smarter than your average' scam.
it was via email an it was official email of their company, and they sent to both my personal and university emails!

however I tried to google the employee who sent me the email, but I couldn't find anything about her!

I replied to her email and gave her time for calling me tomorrow, and I told her I cannot send anything before she answers my questions.

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
Hanan22 said:
Hello dear all,

I need help plz.
Its most likely a scam. Many scams like this use the identity of genuine companies to fool unsuspecting job seekers. If i may ask, what position are they offering you? If its marketing or sales, they may require you to help them make payments/ receive payments on their behalf. If that's the case, i can tell you categorically that its a fraud!

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
expressentryqueen said:
Its most likely a scam. Many scams like this use the identity of genuine companies to fool unsuspecting job seekers. If i may ask, what position are they offering you? If its marketing or sales, they may require you to help them make payments/ receive payments on their behalf. If that's the case, i can tell you categorically that its a fraud!
yes it is online Assistant Clerk position that requires me to receive payments and forward them to the company, and the job is already posted on their website! so none is using their identity at all.

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Hello @Hanan22,

I would like to confirm this is 100% scam, here is why.

1. Most of the canadian companies or inc prefers .ca domain unless its an international corporate, let us assume this is ok for a reason.

2. http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sanielle.com%2F - this tells the site hosted from Russia :), why the hell some business from montreal will run their corporate site from Russia.

3. The phone number doesnt look like a wired phone, which company runs a financial suite on mobile phone.

http://www.freecarrierlookup.com/

Hope this helps.

Thx,

Note: I am from montreal, googling that address doesnt look like a business center.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
ajanarth said:
Hello @Hanan22,

I would like to confirm this is 100% scam, here is why.

1. Most of the canadian companies or inc prefers .ca domain unless its an international corporate, let us assume this is ok for a reason.

2. http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sanielle.com%2F - this tells the site hosted from Russia :), why the hell some business from montreal will run their corporate site from Russia.

3. The phone number doesnt look like a wired phone, which company runs a financial suite on mobile phone.

http://www.freecarrierlookup.com/

Hope this helps.

Thx,

Note: I am from montreal, googling that address doesnt look like a business center.
Thank so much, I am sure now it is a scam!