+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have question before exiting border to activate my PR

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
I got married to my boyfriend he is a Canadian citizen on January 2016, i have a PR application under provincial nomination and i got my confirmation pf permanent residence, I haven't inform cic about marriage because it just registered a 2weeks before i got my copr, and i dont have marriage cert yet, i am also 4 months pregnant now and due to sickness and laid off i am under EI does this affect my PR? Please help me. Thank you so much.

diamondxxx

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August-27-2015
Nomination.....
August-13-2015
AOR Received.
November-20-2015
Med's Request
June-1-2016
Med's Done....
June-27-2016
Passport Req..
Dec-8-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-13-2016
LANDED..........
Dec-17-2016
Zynah said:
I got married to my boyfriend he is a Canadian citizen on January 2016, i have a PR application under provincial nomination and i got my confirmation pf permanent residence, I haven't inform cic about marriage because it just registered a 2weeks before i got my copr, and i dont have marriage cert yet, i am also 4 months pregnant now and due to sickness and laid off i am under EI does this affect my PR? Please help me. Thank you so much.
Hi Zynah,

You do not have any problem. Your husband is Canadian does not required to be sponsored to Canada and also being pregnant does not disqualify one from being a PR. Good luck with your landing.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Zynah said:
YOU DO NEED TO INFORM CIC IN REGARDS TO THE CHANGES IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP STATUS THROUGH C-S-E.

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
diamondxxx said:
Hi Zynah,

You do not have any problem. Your husband is Canadian does not required to be sponsored to Canada and also being pregnant does not disqualify one from being a PR. Good luck with your landing.

Thank you very much, I am already here in Canada as a worker and I got my PR through Provincial nominee I am just scared to get refused if they'll know that I am not working right now and I am under EI due to my pregnancy and got laid off at the same time I am looking for a job but its hard for me to get hired because I am almost 5months now. Thank you very much :)

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
all_iz_well said:
YOU DO NEED TO INFORM CIC IN REGARDS TO THE CHANGES IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP STATUS THROUGH C-S-E.

Thank you, yes I will do that I am just waiting for our marriage certificate before informing CIC because they will need it but it will take 5-10 business days..Thank you for your advice.

daina2016

Apr 27, 2016
Hi Zynah!

Have you exit already? Actually I have the same situation but not being a married to a canadian citizen, but in the situation of being pregnant for 20 weeks.and that's my problem right now I don't know what to do and I'm really scared because In two weeks I'm goin to exit at the border to get my activation of my pr.

Thanks ! Please give me some advice..

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
daina2016 said:
Hi Zynah!

Have you exit already? Actually I have the same situation but not being a married to a canadian citizen, but in the situation of being pregnant for 20 weeks.and that's my problem right now I don't know what to do and I'm really scared because In two weeks I'm goin to exit at the border to get my activation of my pr.

Your case is not falling in any of below, so feel free to go through landing process

Quoted from PPR:
IMPORTANT NOTE about Reporting Changes to your Personal Circumstances Canada’s immigration law requires that you continue to meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act throughout the immigration process up to and including the date you arrive in Canada. This means you are required to inform this office, in writing, of any of the following circumstances. Failure to inform our office of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
✔ A change in your marital status (marriage, separation, divorce, etc.)
✔ A change in your family size (birth or death of a child or spouse, etc.)
✔ A criminal charge or conviction for you or any member of your family
✔ Death of your sponsor (Family Class applications only)
✔ A change in your health
✔ A change in your contact information (mailing address, email, telephone number, etc.)

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
daina2016 said:
Hi Zynah!

Hi I am still waiting for the reply of CIC I sent them email with a copy of our marriage certificate and my husband passport as a proof, I got my Confirmation of Permanent Residency on April 12 but my marriage just registered on April 18 but still I am scared so I have to wait before going to border, pregnancy is not a problem for you, I consult that to the immigration lawyer so you will be okay, Good luck :)

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
htokyo said:
Your case is not falling in any of below, so feel free to go through landing process

Quoted from PPR:
IMPORTANT NOTE about Reporting Changes to your Personal Circumstances Canada’s immigration law requires that you continue to meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act throughout the immigration process up to and including the date you arrive in Canada. This means you are required to inform this office, in writing, of any of the following circumstances. Failure to inform our office of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
✔ A change in your marital status (marriage, separation, divorce, etc.)
✔ A change in your family size (birth or death of a child or spouse, etc.)
✔ A criminal charge or conviction for you or any member of your family
✔ Death of your sponsor (Family Class applications only)
✔ A change in your health
✔ A change in your contact information (mailing address, email, telephone number, etc.)
Actually I am pretty sure pregnancy is considered a medical condition and therefore a change in health. So she does have to let CIC know.