+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have my TRV - stamped study visa. I have submitted for DLI transfer request on IRCC portal without entering Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Keerthana_03

Nov 11, 2021
I assume you haven't started your studies yet.

You need to apply for a new study visa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

You cannot join your new university until you get a new study visa.
Yes I'm yet to begin my course. Since the course is starting in Jan 2022, I'm afraid that I wont be getting study visa before that. I hope I can continue online classes for sometime and then plan my travel after receiving new study visa.

Is there any way to revoke the submitted DLI transfer request and continue with my old university ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I'm yet to begin my course. Is there any way to revoke the submitted DLI transfer request and continue with old university ?
I have no idea.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes I'm yet to begin my course. Since the course is starting in Jan 2022, I'm afraid that I wont be getting study visa before that. I hope I can continue online classes for sometime and then plan my travel after receiving new study visa.

Is there any way to revoke the submitted DLI transfer request and continue with my old university ?
If they received your request and worked on it, I guess they cancelled your TRV after you submitted request to transfer DLI from outside of Canada, which you were not supposed to instead make application for new Study Permit. What is your counterfoil status on your GCkey account?

Keerthana_03

Nov 11, 2021
It’s still in approved status.
So far I have not received any communication from IRCC after submitting DLI transfer outside canada.

Deyi 123@

Nov 22, 2021
hello,
Yes you can travel but you have to travel before your trv expires if not you’ll have to re apply for a new permit
Your study permit will be issued to you at port of entry
All you need to do is carry your new loa with you to the port of entry
I have friends that had similar cases ...what they did was exactly what I’m saying right now

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hello,
Yes you can travel but you have to travel before your trv expires if not you’ll have to re apply for a new permit
I have friends that had similar cases ...what they did was exactly what I’m saying right now
When did your friend travel? The rule is changed earlier this year.

Reactions: wonderbly

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It’s still in approved status.
So far I have not received any communication from IRCC after submitting DLI transfer outside canada.
You have been posting in a few OLD DLI transfer posts.

There is a recent rule change that you cannot just change DLI. If you want to keep your current study permit you have to be actively study in your DLI for a term.
If you want to change DLI, you need a new study permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

Changing your DLI if you’re outside Canada
If you change your DLI before coming to Canada and you don’t let us know, you won’t be allowed to board your flight.

If your application is still in progress
You can tell us you changed your DLI by submitting a new letter of acceptance using the IRCC web form.

If your application has been approved
If your application for a study permit has been approved and you change your DLI, you must submit a new study permit application with a new letter of acceptance.

You must also pay all the fees for the new application.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
hello,
If your friends did this in 2021, they have a nasty surprise awaiting them when it's time for them to extend their SP or apply for PGWP :) .

Reactions: Simba112
Dec 6, 2022

@wonderbly
@Naturgrl
@janfly
Can you please answer my question that did you able to attend your classes in january becuase I have a same case as yours. Please answer as soon as possible. I applied for a study permit in march 22 for sept intake. I got my ppr at 20 oct 22. but due to delay and no availability of seats in previous dli I changed my DLI and got final offer letter after I got my visa. I submitted all those documents via webform on 25 oct 22. i got reply from ircc that they have received my documents on 1 december 22. my passport stamp was done on 6 november.
ircc mail:-

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

· If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.

· If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.

For more information, we suggest consulting the following online services:

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

in other case if:-

If I reapply for new study permit, till how much time will my old trv/counterfoil be shown as valid

Please suggest what can I do.