+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have my oath ceremony scheduled on the 23rd of December and I have a trip planned to India on 28th of January. Should I postpone my oath ceremony?

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello folks,

As the title says, my oath ceremony is on 23rd December and my trip is on Jan 28th to India. I might manage to get the Canadian PP by then but will I be able to get India Visa by then? Do I have to surrender my Indian PP before applying for the Visa? Please advise, Thank you!

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Hello folks,

As the title says, my oath ceremony is on 23rd December and my trip is on Jan 28th to India. I might manage to get the Canadian PP by then but will I be able to get India Visa by then? Do I have to surrender my Indian PP before applying for the Visa? Please advise, Thank you!
you could delay the process of applying the PP

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
get your Canadian passport but don’t cancel india passport. You can legally use it for three months. While coming back just use your Canadian passport & your should be fine.

Reactions: Cynicalmonk

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
get your Canadian passport but don’t cancel india passport. You can legally use it for three months. While coming back just use your Canadian passport & your should be fine.
Even after acquiring the Canadian citizenship, the Indian passport can be used to travel for 3 months from the day of getting the Canadian citizenship. The grace period is only for such cases where foreign citizenship has been acquired but a foreign passport is not available to the person. It is also mentioned that it is illegal to travel on an Indian passport, where a person has obtained a foreign passport.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Even after acquiring the Canadian citizenship, the Indian passport can be used to travel for 3 months from the day of getting the Canadian citizenship. The grace period is only for such cases where foreign citizenship has been acquired but a foreign passport is not available to the person. It is also mentioned that it is illegal to travel on an Indian passport, where a person has obtained a foreign passport.
Its fricking India man, you can get away with ANYTHING. I know a friend who did it & nothing happened to him. But he was a US citizen not Canadian.