+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have just been denied a tourist visa

Kimlang

Dec 11, 2019
I am refusing your application on the following grounds: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

I am a Vietnamese citizen living and studying in Korea, I plan to travel to Canada for 5 days with more than 6000usd for the trip.

but I was denied a visa for the 2 reasons mentioned above

I am currently studying hospitality management at a university in South Korea, the 4th year of the 1st semester

And I have traveled to many countries such as Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Europe.

Can you help me explain the reason for the rejection? And what do I need to prepare to be able to do better next time?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I am refusing your application on the following grounds: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

I am a Vietnamese citizen living and studying in Korea, I plan to travel to Canada for 5 days with more than 6000usd for the trip.

but I was denied a visa for the 2 reasons mentioned above

I am currently studying hospitality management at a university in South Korea, the 4th year of the 1st semester

And I have traveled to many countries such as Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Europe.

Can you help me explain the reason for the rejection? And what do I need to prepare to be able to do better next time?
We see that refusal reason quite often when someone is not residing in their country of citizenship and is applying for a visa from that third country. Canada takes it as that this person already is living away from Vietnam they can easily overstay in Canada and not want to go back to Vietnam. You could try establishing yourself in your home country and then applying from there.
What was your purpose of visit? 5 days seems like a short trip travelling all that way.

For travel history a lot of those Asian countries do not count unfortunately, they look at places like UK, Australia, USA etc....where in Europe had you gone?

Kimlang

Dec 11, 2019
We see that refusal reason quite often when someone is not residing in their country of citizenship and is applying for a visa from that third country. Canada takes it as that this person already is living away from Vietnam they can easily overstay in Canada and not want to go back to Vietnam. You could try establishing yourself in your home country and then applying from there.
What was your purpose of visit? 5 days seems like a short trip travelling all that way.

For travel history a lot of those Asian countries do not count unfortunately, they look at places like UK, Australia, USA etc....where in Europe had you gone?
I went to France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Germany.