+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have got CIT0520 and Full RQ at the same time. Anyone in the same situation?

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
There has been no update on my online status since I was sent the RQ and 0520, it is now 5 weeks and my online record is the same. Does this mean anuthing? any chance CIC forget they sent me RQ?

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Folks, any opinion on the my latesst questions! dumb questions but will appreciate it if you share what you know..

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
dabas said:
There has been no update on my online status since I was sent the RQ and 0520, it is now 5 weeks and my online record is the same. Does this mean anuthing? any chance CIC forget they sent me RQ?
As far I know, CIC does not respond or process it immediately. I dont know if things have changed now but till recently anytime CIC asked for full blown RQ, such applications are processed as "Non Routine" and its takes over 36+ months.

Have you requested ATIP report, to figure out what could be the reason for getting the RQ ? Mostly RQ are sent if a candidate has less than required number of days presence or excessive overseas travel including cross-border trips.

Each candidate's situation is different. Possibly once you figure out the reason for getting the RQ, you can take appropriate action.

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Thanks Canadia---2006, can you help with this as well pls:

Can I delay the return of the RQ form, fill it later, and just send the documents I collected so far and provide a cover letter providing explanation?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
nkam said:
Thanks Canadia---2006, can you help with this as well pls:

Can I delay the return of the RQ form, fill it later, and just send the documents I collected so far and provide a cover letter providing explanation?
I believe your timely response to RQ is very important. Failing which the CIC might consider you have abandoned the application.

Consider sending a registered mail with tracking to CIC, requesting them for additional time, as you need to collect the required documents from various governmental agencies in foreign countries.

Bottom line, keep the CIC updated and show them you are collecting doc's. If you still need to discuss anything, do not hesitate to send me private message with your contact number.