+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have exactly 52 weeks of work experience, can specific days not be counted?

hbaig27

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hey all,

So I was laid off today and it was coincidentally the day after I finished my 1 year of work experience (52 weeks at 30hr/week). I know obviously this cuts it extremely close but is there a chance that one of those days might not be counted for any reason?

For example like not working on a public holiday or sick days or anything that might lose me a day and push me below the 52 weeks. I just wanted to see if there was anything that I hadn't thought of.

Thanks!

PS: I've worked in Canada for all the work experience except a business trip to the U.S. All weeks were above 30 hours and paid. I used a few sick days here and there but no major vacation while I was working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey all,

So I was laid off today and it was coincidentally the day after I finished my 1 year of work experience (52 weeks at 30hr/week). I know obviously this cuts it extremely close but is there a chance that one of those days might not be counted for any reason?

For example like not working on a public holiday or sick days or anything that might lose me a day and push me below the 52 weeks. I just wanted to see if there was anything that I hadn't thought of.

Thanks!

PS: I've worked in Canada for all the work experience except a business trip to the U.S. All weeks were above 30 hours and paid. I used a few sick days here and there but no major vacation while I was working.
As long as your employment letter states a year of experience then you are fine.