+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have concerns that the letter of acceptance which you have provided in support of your application is fraudulent.

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine applied to and got an admission for a master's degree at Cape Breton University and thereafter on 15th December 2023 applied for a study permit to Canada. Unfortunately, today has received a request for a letter of explanation that the officer suspect the admission letter to be fraudulent. I advised this applicant to talk to the Cape Breton University to get assistance with additonal proofs of genuineness of the issued admission letter. What would you advise, and if possible according to your experience in similar situations? I provide below the details of the letter.

"This refers to your application for a Canadian study permit.

I have reviewed your application and the documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the letter of acceptance which you have provided in support of your application is fraudulent.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for study permit, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you ten (10) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal."

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine applied to and got an admission for a master's degree at Cape Breton University and thereafter on 15th December 2023 applied for a study permit to Canada. Unfortunately, today has received a request for a letter of explanation that the officer suspect the admission letter to be fraudulent. I advised this applicant to talk to the Cape Breton University to get assistance with additonal proofs of genuineness of the issued admission letter. What would you advise, and if possible according to your experience in similar situations? I provide below the details of the letter.

"This refers to your application for a Canadian study permit.

I have reviewed your application and the documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the letter of acceptance which you have provided in support of your application is fraudulent.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for study permit, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you ten (10) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal."
This is very serious as it involves a 5 year ban. Did you friend use an agent? What is the program? Have your friend contact CBU and get them to provide a letter stating that offer is not fraudulent and include the LOA. IRCC knows CBU as a public DLI and will know when a fraudulent document is submitted.

Reactions: architgarg

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
Thanks Naturgrl, for your swift response. Yes, my friend used an agent but told me that he himself applied for and secured an admission from CBU, only the agent assisted him to submit the application together with other documents. I understand he contacted CBU via email after my advice to do so. I do not know if he will escape the ban.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Naturgrl, for your swift response. Yes, my friend used an agent but told me that he himself applied for and secured an admission from CBU, only the agent assisted him to submit the application together with other documents. I understand he contacted CBU via email after my advice to do so. I do not know if he will escape the ban.
But what did agent submit? The agent must have submitted fraudulent documents. He must get new letter from CBU explaining that it is not a fraudulent document and then respond with that new information. He cannot blame the agent, because he signed off on what was submitted.

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
Sorry, I meant the agent assisted him to submit the study permit application under IRCC portal. It is very tricky to know if the agent did not submit the fraudulent documents. Hopefully the CBU will assist him to escape the ban, if not, the reverse will be true as he indeed signed the submitted documents. Thank you for your advise.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Sorry, I meant the agent assisted him to submit the study permit application under IRCC portal. It is very tricky to know if the agent did not submit the fraudulent documents. Hopefully the CBU will assist him to escape the ban, if not, the reverse will be true as he indeed signed the submitted documents. Thank you for your advise.
CBU must have been contacted by IRCC already, I suppose. For VO to issue PFL officer must have enough information before issuing PFL. For a Masters Degree Applicant, expectation is to have researched, compiled and apply on his/her own. There's has been so much passing blames to Agents, but at the end it is applicant responsibility.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
CBU must have been contacted by IRCC already, I suppose. For VO to issue PFL officer must have enough information before issuing PFL. For a Masters Degree Applicant, expectation is to have researched, compiled and apply on his/her own. There's has been so much passing blames to Agents, but at the end it is applicant responsibility.
IRCC would not give a PFL for a fraudulent LOA to Canadian public DLI if they were not absolutely sure that is fake. As you said, IRCC can just call up the school and ask. Unfortunately OP doesn’t know what documents were actually submitted.

Reactions: Shmiler

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
IRCC would not give a PFL for a fraudulent LOA to Canadian public DLI if they were not absolutely sure that is fake. As you said, IRCC can just call up the school and ask. Unfortunately OP doesn’t know what documents were actually submitted.
I meant IRCC has made reasonable effort to contact DLI to confirm Serial Number on the LOA submitted by the Applicant whether Names of the Candidates, Issuing Date, Programs are matching or not, Not sharing PFL to DLI....

Reactions: Shmiler

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Why do these people, who purport to undertake studies at a university, use "consultants" or agents at all?

How real is the intention to study? Is it just a vehicle to PR? You can't even submit or check your own application? Rhetorical question!

Incidentally, in January I spoke to an immigration officer in Toronto and he said they had around 1000 international students arriving a DAY arriving into Toronto Pearson, with peaks of 3000 some days! I asked how many of them are genuine students? Of course he laughed and replied "exactly".

Trudeau and his ilk are closing the barn doors long after the horses have bolted.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Either the consultant submitted the wrong docs or the officer made a mistake, if your friend has a valid offer that they got themselves I don't see why consultant would intentionally send different docs but mixups can happen if they are careless.

Interestingly IRCC did not routinely check with the schools if the offers were real until the recent changes announced, I don't know if the actually checked before making such an accusation, only now is there a portal where schools must verify offer letters within 15 days, I was very surprised by this.

Reactions: Naturgrl

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Why do these people, who purport to undertake studies at a university, use "consultants" or agents at all?

How real is the intention to study? Is it just a vehicle to PR? You can't even submit or check your own application? Rhetorical question!

Incidentally, in January I spoke to an immigration officer in Toronto and he said they had around 1000 international students arriving a DAY arriving into Toronto Pearson, with peaks of 3000 some days! I asked how many of them are genuine students? Of course he laughed and replied "exactly".

Trudeau and his ilk are closing the barn doors long after the horses have bolted.
Well schools start at roughly the same time so its logical that a lot of students would arrive at certain times as well. Study being vehicle for PR is a direct policy of Canada to drive pop growth & the economy, so for now for people to turn around and act as if this is some malicious plot by students is laughable.

Reactions: architgarg

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Well schools start at roughly the same time so its logical that a lot of students would arrive at certain times as well. Study being vehicle for PR is a direct policy of Canada to drive pop growth & the economy, so for now for people to turn around and act as if this is some malicious plot by students is laughable.
The whole liberal agenda is bullsh!t anyway.

leonkaRW

Jan 3, 2024
Actually, the LoA is genuine, but the applicant was supposed to pay a conditional fee of CAD 2,500 by 15th February 2024 to secure his seat at CBU which he did not do, and had applied for SP in December 24th, 2023 without paying the required conditional fee. So, after the PFL, the applicant wrote to CBU requesting CBU to confirm the genuineness of the LoA, and the CBU instead requested the applicant to pay the conditional fee and then after apply for SP. It seems like CBU refused to support his responses to PFL. I believe, this is a potential ban should the applicant respond to PFL without any support from CBU.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Actually, the LoA is genuine, but the applicant was supposed to pay a conditional fee of CAD 2,500 by 15th February 2024 to secure his seat at CBU which he did not do, and had applied for SP in December 24th, 2023 without paying the required conditional fee. So, after the PFL, the applicant wrote to CBU requesting CBU to confirm the genuineness of the LoA, and the CBU instead requested the applicant to pay the conditional fee and then after apply for SP. It seems like CBU refused to support his responses to PFL. I believe, this is a potential ban should the applicant respond to PFL without any support from CBU.
So LOA was not genuine since conditions were not met. Not sure what was the plan, to secure study permit and do what since applicant didn't pay to secure the seat. To me, its kinda playing with the system, or f around and find out. This goes back to my original comment, that IRCC reached out to DLI before issuing PFL. This is potential ban for misrepresentation.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Yeah, looks like your friend was trying to be clever and thought he would apply for the SP and depending on the outcome decide if he will pay the conditional fee. I know two other people who received a similar letter but theirs may be for some other reason, but it does appear that IRCC is cracking down harder on these types of things and your friend had this coming.