+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have Canada PR card - Can I travel to Canada during COVID?

kunde052

Oct 24, 2017
Hi

I have a Canada PR card since two years. However I have not made the move to Canada yet. Soft landing has already been completed.

I am presently on H1b visa living in USA. I see that I am allowed to fly to Canada right now. I would like to know - what other information do I need provide to the immigration officer?
Mainly - I read on the Canada's govt. website that I need to have an essential reason to go to Canada. Is this reason required for Canada PR holders or only for other foreign travelers?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I have a Canada PR card since two years. However I have not made the move to Canada yet. Soft landing has already been completed.

I am presently on H1b visa living in USA. I see that I am allowed to fly to Canada right now. I would like to know - what other information do I need provide to the immigration officer?
Mainly - I read on the Canada's govt. website that I need to have an essential reason to go to Canada. Is this reason required for Canada PR holders or only for other foreign travelers?
Yes you can come to Canada as long as you can quarantine for 2 weeks.

Dipeshp1688

Oct 16, 2020
Hi

Hi,

Did you travel? I am planning to travel this weekend. Can anyone tell me if I need any documentation than PR card?

Thanks,
Dipesh

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

Did you travel? I am planning to travel this weekend. Can anyone tell me if I need any documentation than PR card?

Thanks,
Dipesh
If you have a valid PR card you are entitled as a PR to enter the country but you must have a plan to meet the mandatory quarantine for 14 days, so details where you will stay, whether you will be sharing accommodation with anyone else and a contact number.

Dipeshp1688

Oct 16, 2020
If you have a valid PR card you are entitled as a PR to enter the country but you must have a plan to meet the mandatory quarantine for 14 days, so details where you will stay, whether you will be sharing accommodation with anyone else and a contact number.
Hi,
Yes, I have made my quarantine arrangements and a plant for 14 days.
Thank you,
Dipesh