+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have been removed as a minor

Hiba2001

Jul 22, 2019
Hello !

My family was immigrating to Canada under Skilled worker category back in 2004. We first landed in Montreal back in Aug 2004 (at the time I was 03 years old), and became PR then. My younger brother was born there, and is a canadian citizen.
In September 2005, my parents left and never came back (It was mainly due to my father's health issues .(I obviously did not meet the residence 730 days minimum)

Fast forward to 2009 my PRC expired. (I was 08 years of age).

I always wanted to go back to Canada, but there was very little I could do as a minor . Today, I am 18 years old , a major under the law of Quebec, and
I would like to return to Canada and establish my life there and reside there permanently, as I was REMOVED as a minor, I was essentially bound by decisions made by my parents on my behalf. And this is the earliest timing possible for me to return since I have just reached majority age .

- Do you think I have any chance under humanitarian and compassionate grounds to apply for a travel document?
- do you think requesting help from a lawyer would be of benefit?

If you have any other suggestions let me know.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Hiba

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have a chance filing a prtd based on H&C but it is not guaranteed. You have very little connect to Canada. You spent a year when you were 3. You can always apply to immigrate like every other foreigner if your prtd is declined.