+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have been deported from US Immigration in 2018 stating i am potential immigrant, can i apply for canadian PR

Chaitya412

Feb 20, 2020
I have been deported from US Immigration in 2018 when I am returning from India. They said that As I have not left United States since I have first stepped into US on F1B, Then after completing my studies converted into H1B. So the immigration officer said I am a potential immigrant and deported me from US. So after 2 years now I am planning to apply for a Canadian PR. Would it be a problem? Can anybody let me know.
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have been deported from US Immigration in 2018 when I am returning from India. They said that As I have not left United States since I have first stepped into US on F1B, Then after completing my studies converted into H1B. So the immigration officer said I am a potential immigrant and deported me from US. So after 2 years now I am planning to apply for a Canadian PR. Would it be a problem? Can anybody let me know.
Thanks.
No issue as long as you declare all of this history in your application.

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Thanks.
So you were deported because you didn't visit home country in past 5-7 year or you moved from F1 to H1 ?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
So you were deported because you didn't visit home country in past 5-7 year or you moved from F1 to H1 ?
So many people move from F-1 to H-1 status. I don't think that would have been a reason for deporting. I also have heard of a lot of people who have not traveled for several years after coming to US on F-1 and moving to H-1 status.

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
So many people move from F-1 to H-1 status. I don't think that would have been a reason for deporting. I also have heard of a lot of people who have not traveled for several years after coming to US on F-1 and moving to H-1 status.
That is the reason I wanna know what was the actual reason, it can't be F1 to H1

Chaitya412

Feb 20, 2020
I have been deported as I have not gone back for 5 to 6 years and when I went to visit my country and came back I was deported at immigration saying that I am potential imm3

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I have been deported as I have not gone back for 5 to 6 years and when I went to visit my country and came back I was deported at immigration saying that I am potential imm3
okay ,if you say so but that could not be the reason. I went back after 9 year and I have many friends who went back after 5-7 years and came back without any issue. I don't think there is any law/rule that says you should visit your home country every year or within this time period. if you have valid visa/status you can live in any country as long as you want.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
It is very hard to believe that you were denied entry because of this reason. H1 by itself is a dual intent visa and not an immigrant visa. So there is no reason for officer for you to suspect you on this.

I’m pretty sure they handed over some kind of slip to you when they denied your entry. Irrespective of what you say here, just be truthful in your PR application and attach whatever documents you have related to your refusal.