+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have applied on 29th november for jan intake and my flight is booked on 23rd dec.

pkapoor

Dec 11, 2019
will i get visa and get my passport stamped till 20th ?
Also, i gave biometrics on 4th december.
Waiting for your all advice.
Is there anyone who has applied before or near this date and got visa please reply.

Shlokwow

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Is there anyone who has applied before or near this date and got visa please reply.
Situation is bit tough. Even those who applied in mid of November haven't received their decision. I would suggest you to postpone your flight ticket. I did the same. I applied on 28th Nov, not even medical updated yet.

pkapoor

Dec 11, 2019
Also my friends applied on 1st nov got biometric on 8th and visa on 14th. Why will the process delay now ?

Ishaan9119

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
It looks quite difficult. Becuase when you visa is approve it takes around 5 to get your passport

Shlokwow

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
How can i know the status of my application that what is updated or not ?
How did you applied? Online or offline?

If online you can check via GC key
If Offline, you can check via reference number on VFS site. Also you can link the application to the CIC portal and check it online via GC Key.

simrandhillon

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hlo....i lodged the file on 20th nov for the jan 2020 intake....biometrics done on 25th nov and on 4 dec got the refusal despite meeting all the requirements in sds....i have relodged the file with the covering letter on the same day and waiting for the response.....well the processing time for india is 2 weeks for sds applications....but it varies in the peak times....i'm also waiting and hoping for the approval this time!

pkapoor

Dec 11, 2019
How did you applied? Online or offline?

If online you can check via GC key
If Offline, you can check via reference number on VFS site. Also you can link the application to the CIC portal and check it online via GC Key.
online via agent. I will visit tomorrow and see the status of my application on his portal.

Shlokwow

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hlo....i lodged the file on 20th nov for the jan 2020 intake....biometrics done on 25th nov and on 4 dec got the refusal despite meeting all the requirements in sds....i have relodged the file with the covering letter on the same day and waiting for the response.....well the processing time for india is 2 weeks for sds applications....but it varies in the peak times....i'm also waiting and hoping for the approval this time!
Sorry to hear that. What,was your reason for refusal?

pkapoor

Dec 11, 2019
As per my agent, They have got reply for applications dated 26th november. Can i expect response within this week?

Shlokwow

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
As per my agent, They have got reply for applications dated 26th november. Can i expect response within this week?
You can expect 2 weeks after biometrics. Bcz as per the current situation, I observed many applications are being processed within 14-15 days of biometrics.

simrandhillon

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Sorry to hear that. What,was your reason for refusal?
Today at 4:59 PM
I was refused in the sds category despite meeting all the requirements as i have overall 7 bands not less than 6 each.....10th with 7.2 CGPA and 12th in commerce with 64%.....the reason of refusal is that i will not come back to india after my studies...so with a covering letter i reapplied the file on the same day that is on 4 dec 2019 and my biometrics were updated on 5 dec...here is the covering letter which i included as a reply to my refusal reason..please have a look on it and let me know if there are chances to get the visa this time.

To,
The visa officer,
Canadian High commission,
New Delhi.

Sub: Application requesting student visa.

Respected Sir/ madam,
Very humbly and politely I, ............, holder of passport No............, put forward my application for student permit to enable me to travel and persue my further studies in Canada.
My previous application was refused on the following ground:
That I will not leave Canada at the end of my stay based on the purpose of my visit.
I would like to clarify that I had passed my Senior School Examination in 2017 with CGPA-7.2 and ASL- A1 and my Senior Secondary Certificate Examination in 2019 in the Commerce stream with 64.6% and had fulfilled the conditions required for the language test with the following band score:
Listening: 7.0, Reading: 8.0, Writing: 6.0, Speaking: 6.5, Overall: 7.0
After applying, I was successfully admitted in the Ascenda School of Management, Vancouver for a four year degree program in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Human resources Management which is relevant with my previous academics.
I would like to state that the program selected by me is a four year degree course instead of the two year Diploma courses usually selected by majority of the students and moreover I being the sole child of my parents, would like to return back to India after the completion of my studies and getting the required International exposure.
I would like to assure you that the sole purpose of my visit is to persue my further studies in the field of my interest. This course will help me in gaining international exposure and the much required experience.
I further assure you that I will abide by the rules and regulations required of me during my entire stay in Canada. Your good self is requested to grant me the required visa.

Thanking you

Reactions: pkapoor