+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have applied for CEC and pgwp will be expired soon...

mhankuki

Jan 29, 2012
Dear friends!

Happy new year! :eek:

I have applied for CEC few month ago, and my post graduate work permit will be expired within 3months.

I am working as a Starbucks shift supervisor.

However, I eventually heard that Starbucks won't support people's working permit.

But I don't think so, Starbucks won't give work permit to people who work as a part-time and hold working holiday visa.

I will ask you guys first, and think about to ask my boss to support my temporary working visa until I would get PR card.

Thank you!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Your employer can apply for a labor market opinion(LMO) for you. Since you were hired on a post-graduate work permit, they do not have to show recruitment efforts which is good for you. The turnaround times for LMOs is around 14 days(could be longer depending on where you reside) and if the application is done right, you should get a positive LMO and then apply to extend your work permit.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SenoritaBella said:
Your employer can apply for a labor market opinion(LMO) for you. Since you were hired on a post-graduate work permit, they do not have to show recruitment efforts which is good for you. The turnaround times for LMOs is around 14 days(could be longer depending on where you reside) and if the application is done right, you should get a positive LMO and then apply to extend your work permit.
1. The OP already said that the employer won't support a LMO.
2. Secondly what province can you get a LMO in 14 days, most provinces it is between 10-12 weeks for an approved LMO.
3. The OP is working Part time, HRSDC will not issue LMOs for part time work.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. Read again. The OP is a supervisor and said he/she heard that it only applies to part time workers but does not say he/she is a part-time worker.
2. Nova Scotia
3. Read again. There is no information to indicate that the OP works part-time.

PMM said:
Hi

1. The OP already said that the employer won't support a LMO.
2. Secondly what province can you get a LMO in 14 days, most provinces it is between 10-12 weeks for an approved LMO.
3. The OP is working Part time, HRSDC will not issue LMOs for part time work.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SenoritaBella said:
1. Read again. The OP is a supervisor and said he/she heard that it only applies to part time workers but does not say he/she is a part-time worker.
2. Nova Scotia
3. Read again. There is no information to indicate that the OP works part-time.
Quote from the OPs post. But I don't think so, Starbucks won't give work permit to people who work as a part-time and hold working holiday visa.

ndymiaw

May 2, 2012
Hi, sorry to bring up old post.
I just have a question to mhankuki, so you apply for PR under CEC with your starbucks shift supervisor title?
Do you already got your AOR and medical request?

Shah25

Oct 10, 2018
Hi i need your help. Did u got your PR from starbucks shift supervisor position ? Can u please share your experience.